• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #33 | Canadiens vs. Senators | Dec 16, 2017 | 7:00

Re: GDT: Game #33 | Canadiens vs. Senators| Dec 16, 2017 | 7:00

This.

I am sooo friggin tired of people doing forensic audits on Price's performance in games where his teammates don't score even a single goal. Whether you lose 1-0 or 10-0 the only salient fact is that you scored zero goals. Focus on that, not goaltending. Price is one of the few on the roster that we don't need to obsess over.

No goalie, no matter how talented, can be a difference maker in a game where his teammates don't score a goal.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
people or a single, currently suspended, person?

Galchenyuk plays the prototypical Russian game..the rule not the exception - the only thing North American about his game is that he was born in the US.

He’s no different than the slew of Russians that have played in the NHL and disappeared into the KHL wilderness - where he’ll end up within 4-years IMO.

Kostitsyn, Afinogenov, Frodov the list goes on & on - tons of pond hockey skill but weak learning potential with no commitment & adaptability to the NHL structured game.

As Krusty correctly pointed out IMO, Galchenyuk when faced with making a choice between two options 9-times out of-10 makes the poor choice and repeats the same errors ad nauseam

Galchenyuk has 16 points in his last 21 games. He's been very good for over a month now.

You need to move on and start obsessing over the players that are actually hurting the team. Your credibility around here is at an all time low.

Why insist on attacking someone's "credibility" for an opinion? Unproductive to say the least.

In this climate "opinions" must be fact checked.

Galchenyuk sucked the first 15 games. The last 18 he's been solid statistically. And the points started even before that.

It's been a rough season and we're all on edge.

Fact checked?

Ok, whose metric is valid?

Maybe he'd prefer a point a game?

You simply need to stop bashing people for their opinion.

In this climate "opinions" must be fact checked.

Galchenyuk sucked the first 15 games. The last 18 he's been solid statistically. And the points started even before that.

It's been a rough season and we're all on edge.

The noble Lapin has an edge on !

Bartend, another Sam's !

A bientot !

Ok, whose metric is valid?

Alex Galxhenyuk is -13 right now.

Alex Galxhenyuk’s play as a lot of white, grey and black areas.
It’s not cut and dry.

Him playing good hockey is a good debate question with a lot of plausible opinions worth debating.

Bolduke’s bashing of others regarding his higher valued opinion on the subject is unwarranted for.
And has been unwarranted for on other multiple occasions.

Might have to change the pseudo to Captain-25.

Last edited:

I don't view +/- as a valuable metric.

I also think that people expect to much from Galchenyuk and forget he's still better than the two players taken before him.

I don't view +/- as a valuable metric.

I also think that people expect to much from Galchenyuk and forget he's still better than the two players taken before him.

Too bad there are several players taken after him who are better than him. The guy makes bad decisions repeatedly. Not a smart player.

Nothing wrong with the Chucky pick.

Alex Galxhenyuk is -13 right now.

Alex Galxhenyuk’s play as a lot of white, grey and black areas.
It’s not cut and dry.

Him playing good hockey is a good debate question with a lot of plausible opinions worth debating.

Bolduke’s bashing of others regarding his higher valued opinion on the subject is unwarranted for.
And has been unwarranted for on other multiple occasions.

Might have to change the pseudo to Captain-25.

Galchenyuk and every other Hab on the ice got a minus when Drouin coughed up the puck on the second goal. That alone shows how dumb plus/minus is.

FYI - His plus/minus was near 0 until this season. The Habs are full of minus players because of how shitty our defense is, but I also don't blame Weber for being -8 this season.

Galchenyuk has 16 points in his last 21 games. We should be complaining about guys that are doing nothing, not the guys that are producing.

Last edited:

Too bad there are several players taken after him who are better than him. The guy makes bad decisions repeatedly. Not a smart player.

Absolutely incorrect.

You're old enough to do your own research, but I will hand it to you this time.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/draft/NHL_2012_entry.html

Galchenyuk has the second most points and second most goals out of EVERYONE from the draft.

Foresberg is the the only better player and he was taken 11th and traded once already. Can't blame the Habs for that.

Last edited:

Some of us, not many, prefered taking Forsberg. Falling to 11, it didn't look too smart immediately after the draft, but now.....that said, there were no real objections to Galchenyuk if I recall.

And we probably all would have taken Yakubov, were he available.

Galchenyuk has 16 points in his last 21 games. We should be complaining about guys that are doing nothing, not the guys that are producing.

I agree with you that there are players that are bigger problems than Galchenyuk on the team and that I would rather spit my fire on.
#27 as been better than at the beggining of the season I agree with that.

With that being said...
Galchenyuk as 2 points in his last 5 games
He is also -5 in those last 5 games.

Montreal is 1-4-1 in their last 5 games.

The facts are also that in that Classic 100 against Ottawa,
Galchenyuk as 0 shots on net, 0 hits, 0 take aways, 2 give aways.
He is also -2, even if we know +/- is not the greatest stat.

His play in is his 5 last games is not perfect and does not put him beyond criticism.

I think what started the debate was Sal saying it would have been nice if Galchenyuk had step up his game at the Classic 100.
I would think is is not too farfetched for fans to expect more of him given his amazing talent and potential.

Then Sal had to explain the poor nickname, thats when he talked about Galchenyuk’s style of play in a pejorative way.

Fair opinions from Sal for saying #27 could be better.
Fair opinions from Bolduke for saying #27 as been better lately and is not the biggest problem.

Good debate subject, way better than the silly blaming the goalie in a 0-3 loss.

Last edited:

I suppose Reilly, Lindholm and Trouba could be argued to be better than Galchenyuk .....I didn't go beyond the first 15 or so.....and a defenceman wasn't in the plans after taking them (they amounted to busts) in the previous two years.

Hindsight aside, I still have no big issue with the pick that year, though I am no Timmins fan.

Last edited:

I agree with you that there are players that are bigger problem than Galchenyuk on the team and that I would rather spit my fire on.
#27 as been better than at the beggining of the season I agree with that

With that being said...
Galchenyuk as 2 points in his last 5 games
He is also -5 in those last 5 games.

Montreal is 1-4-1 in their last 5 games.

The facts are also that in that Classic 100 against Ottawa,
Galchenyuk as 0 shots on net, 0 hits, 0 take aways, 2 give aways.
He is also -2, even if we know +/- is not the greatest stat.

His play in is his 5 lasts game is not perfect and does not put him beyond critisism

I think shat started the debate was Sal saying it would have been nice if Galchenyuk had step up his game at the Classic 100.
I would think is is not to farfetched for fans to expect more of #27 given his amazing talent and potential.

Then Sal had to explain poor nickname, thats when he talked about GalchenyukÂ’s style of play in a pejorative way.

Fair opinions from Sal for saying #27 could be better.
Fair opinions from Bolduke for saying #27 as been better lately and his not the biggest problem.

Good debate subject, way better than the silly blaming the goalie in a 0-3 loss.

For Galchenyuk to be better we're essentially asking him to be a point per game player. He's nearly a PPG guy over his last 21 or 22 games.

We already talked about plus/minus. No one uses that stat anymore. I don't mind debates, until that stat is used.

Galchenyuk got a minus on Sat solely because of that horrendous giveaway by Drouin.

I suppose Reilly, Lindholm and Trouba could be argued to be better than Galchenyuk .....I didn't go beyond the first 15 or so.....and a defenceman wasn't in the plans after taking them (who amounted to busts) in the previous two years.

Hindsight aside, I still have no big issue with the pick that year, though I am no Timmins fan.

None of them are better. Galchenyuk has been the second best player from that draft. I posted a link to the stats.

We should focus on Pacioretty, Weber and the other team leaders (whatever a leader is). Galchenyuk has produced.

Back