• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Dick Enberg dead at 82

I like Jim Nantz (hate Joe Buck) but when you think back to the 1980s and CBS' lead broadcaster was Pat Summerall and NBC's was Dick Enberg, there is no comparison in the quality of the lead play by play guys from then to today.

I don't deny that he was very good broadcaster, especially for football (with Merlin Olson), but I was never a huge fan of his.

I like Jim Nantz (hate Joe Buck) but when you think back to the 1980s and CBS' lead broadcaster was Pat Summerall and NBC's was Dick Enberg, there is no comparison in the quality of the lead play by play guys from then to today.

Fully agree, however i have to say i am mega impressed by Romo, he is a breath of fresh air to the broadcast booth.

Fully agree, however i have to say i am mega impressed by Romo, he is a breath of fresh air to the broadcast booth.

different role. Romo is great IMO but he's the analyst, not the play by play commentator.

Joe Buck is an entitled dork. Owes everything to his dad. I will never forget this.

[video=youtube;5dmqGg6Ccvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmqGg6Ccvw[/video]

Back