• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #36 | Canadiens vs. Oilers | Dec 23, 2017 | 7:00

This crappy season has nothing to do with the PK-Weber trade. This season was lost on July 1, 2017 when we were told to buy a dog if we want loyalty by our GM.

This team was lost 3 years ago when Nero failed to accept defeat and start rebuilding . That's the problem with these morons , they just kept adding and tinkering to a sinking ship .

I won't judge drouin until he is played in his proper position.

I think he is elite, but as a winger.

He's a meh center.

JD is cack , a bust forget the position issue. He hasn't done squat . He was brought in to generate offence . He is on the top line , plenty of pp minutes but has done nothing to justify this trade .

You don't trade a stud for a player not even in the top 150 in scoring , unacceptable.

I can't believe the city hasn't pounced on JD .

SY knew exactly what he was trading , an overrated pretty boy who got passed by the depth chart by VN and Point .

JD is cack , a bust forget the position issue. He hasn't done squat . He was brought in to generate offence . He is on the top line , plenty of pp minutes but has done nothing to justify this trade .

You don't trade a stud for a player not even in the top 150 in scoring , unacceptable.

I can't believe the city hasn't pounced on JD .

SY knew exactly what he was trading , an overrated pretty boy who got passed by the depth chart by VN and Point .

How much shittier would ovechkin look at center?

Or pacioretty at center?

Or lehkonen at center?

He is playing out of position trying to be responsible defensively. If he was on the wing and was still stinking up the joint I would be a lot more critical.

Right now, in my mind, he's no more of a center than mete.

How much shittier would ovechkin look at center?

Or pacioretty at center?

Or lehkonen at center?

He is playing out of position trying to be responsible defensively. If he was on the wing and was still stinking up the joint I would be a lot more critical.

Right now, in my mind, he's no more of a center than mete.

So put him on the wing with 27 or Dano at C and he still wouldn't produce a lick .

Ovy would still score 30 with one leg , he has a cannon release and would slam 15-20 on the pp alone .

The trade is a hot mess , stop defending JD he has been terrible .

So put him on the wing with 27 or Dano at C and he still wouldn't produce a lick .
Entirely possible, but yet to be proven.

Again, should he falter on the wing I will admit the trade is a complete bust. That said wasn't that big of a fan of it to begin with
Ovy would still score 30 with one leg , he has a cannon release and would slam 15-20 on the pp alone .
Sure but he would not be nearly as effective with the added responsibilities of playing center. Especially under a defense first coach like Julien.
The trade sucks, that's on MB.

Drouin is be played in the wrong position, that's on Julien.

Drouin himself has not been good, that's on him.

A hat trick of shit

He hasn’t been good for sure, I wouldn’t deny that, but he’s got some tremendous skill you can’t deny and I am of the group that believe he is a winger in essence.

What is scaring me right now is that this regime is ****in clueless in helping its 20-24 year old young pros get to the next level in their careers. These are unbelievably crucial years for hockey players as they enter that 25-30 prime years and this regime is completely destroying the confidence of several of the guys starting with Galchenyuk and what if Drouin?

It's pretty amazing that Galchenyuk is likely gonna end up leading this team in points this season.

Also, prime years usually end around 27 or 28. Players rarely have career seasons after that.

He hasn’t been good for sure, I wouldn’t deny that, but he’s got some tremendous skill you can’t deny and I am of the group that believe he is a winger in essence.

What is scaring me right now is that this regime is ****in clueless in helping its 20-24 year old young pros get to the next level in their careers. These are unbelievably crucial years for hockey players as they enter that 25-30 prime years and this regime is completely destroying the confidence of several of the guys starting with Galchenyuk and what if Drouin?

Tons of young players with high skill level who dont produce in the NHL . If we stink at developing them dont make the effen trade .

If he is going to be a part of the offensive stench we were better off with better odds of Chevy being a top pair than Drubust being a solid point producer .

Chevy being a top 15-20 D in this league is way effective than JD putting up even an a palatable 60 points

Bottom line he isnt creating anything and has looked like shit for his last 20 games or so .

How does he get a free ride while 27 gets raked over the coals every night .

Sorry DK this trade is a hot mess , I was one of the few who hated it from day 1 and 10x more now.

Back