• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Who gets traded First?

And who is it that is going to have $18m in cap space for 2 players?

We get back cap in return and eat some of their cap hit as well. I could see the oilers or flames finding a way.

If we take back 7 or 8 million in players, and absorb 2 or 3 more, the net impact could be as low as 8m on the cap to win a cup.

If you're trading Max it needs to be for picks and prospects, not for another NHL proven scorer.

If you want a proven goal scorer - you just keep Pacioretty.

If you're trading Max it needs to be for picks and prospects, not for another NHL proven scorer.

If you want a proven goal scorer - you just keep Pacioretty.

Yep, except MB might want to save his a$$ for next year and want someone at the nhl level already. Remember, Molson would need to sign off on a rebuild too.

Yep, except MB might want to save his a$$ for next year and want someone at the nhl level already. Remember, Molson would need to sign off on a rebuild too.

They dont want to pay Max at 30 on his next deal . His time is up with us

Max will score 40+ in most of top 10 teams. Better trade him for top 10 pick(C) and an established 20 goal scorer.

You aren't netting a top 10 pick from a good team . They are drafting in the bottom third .

I know that :)

That is why is better to wait and make a trade with a team that we can get a top 10 pick from.

Last edited:
I know that :)

That is why is better to wait and make a trade with a team that we can get a top 10 pick from.

Any good deal that comes along you take it , can't pin your hopes on a top 10 pick falling on our lap.

If you get an NHL young decent player now , a first and a quality prospect ......pull the trigger .

The only team possibly drafting in the top 10 who we could possibly get a 1st from is Edmonton. They might be willing to trade their 1st if they get Pacioretty. I think I'd want more than their 1st though. And if they add Pacioretty I think they move up the standings and out of the top 10 picks.

The only team possibly drafting in the top 10 who we could possibly get a 1st from is Edmonton. They might be willing to trade their 1st if they get Pacioretty. I think I'd want more than their 1st though. And if they add Pacioretty I think they move up the standings and out of the top 10 picks.

Conditional 2nd rounder based on them making the playoffs?

Back