• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #39 | Canadiens vs. Panthers | Dec 30, 2017 | 7:00

Can we make sure julien get canned at the same time has bergevin? Morrow was the most used player tonight. ****ing horrible.

I can't even watch this team anymore. What amazes me is how poor an owner Molson has proven to be. Bergevin wore out his welcome two years ago, yet is given chance after chance. This is a business and they are putting a substandard product out there. Areas which they completely failed:

Not moving Pleks two years ago when he had some value.
Letting Radulov and Markov walk without a viable plan to replace either.
Firing Therrien and replacing him with Julien. Who cares what the talking heads at Antichambre think? Get the best coach available. Period.
Signing Price to that bloated extension. He's now unmoveable.
Screwing around with Galchenyuk. Play him proper minutes and stop blaming him for all mistakes.
The revolving door of fourth liners.
Trading Sergachev for Drouin. A generational defenseman and all we netted was a top six forward. Should have gotten more.
Giving Patches the C. No heart, soft player who is no team leader.
Signing Alzner to a four year deal. A "top" free agent signing no one else really wanted.
The complete inability to find a legit top six center via trade or free agency.
Starting the season with $8M in cap space. Inexcusable.

I could go on and on. The sad truth is management utterly destroyed this team. For the first time in my life, I am truly disgusted by the team from top to bottom.
I said it when the Molsons bought the team again, we were screwed. They messed up the team in the 90s similarly.

Can we make sure julien get canned at the same time has bergevin? Morrow was the most used player tonight. ****ing horrible.
He was one of the better Habs tonight, that's how bad the rest were. I got a full dose of how bad this team is away from the puck. It's incredibly bad and makes me miss Therrien. Never thought I'd say that. Ever.

That kid Brickley was all over the place tonight for the Panthers, very noticable.

This is what happens when Bergy tries to build his team with a 1990’s mentality....I’m surprised he took this route to building his team, especially after he arrived from the Hawks system, and said he would imitate the Hawks scheme.

I guess the scrub in Bergy got the best of him....you can dress-up a scrub in fancy clothes, but he remains a scrub at heart

I said it when the Molsons bought the team again, we were screwed. They messed up the team in the 90s similarly.

What's amazing is how the fans keep settling for an increasingly substandard product. We have no excuse for not spending to the cap. The wet dream of landing Tavares is just that. Will never happen. At the very least, we should have given Markov a one year, six million dollar deal. That alone would have ensured a playoff spot. Instead, we go into the season weaker on both defense and offense, just so that cheap fck Molson can save a few dollars on payroll.

The younger fans don't know any better. They don't remember the heydays like we do, when the management and talent was competent.

True. I miss the day where not only could the team draft well, but they also knew how to trade players when their values were starting to decline. The current braintrust has no ability for asset management. Instead, they resort to arrogance and a hope and a prayer.

True. I miss the day where not only could the team draft well, but they also knew how to trade players when their values were starting to decline. The current braintrust has no ability for asset management. Instead, they resort to arrogance and a hope and a prayer.
In my entire lifetime watching the Habs they have sucked at drafting - sure they had a handful of good drafts like 1984 and 2007 but have sucked donkey dong for most of it since 1980.

Just maybe that’s why they’ve managed to fluke off only 2-Cups in 38-years.

This is what happens when Bergy tries to build his team with a 1990’s mentality....I’m surprised he took this route to building his team, especially after he arrived from the Hawks system, and said he would imitate the Hawks scheme.

I guess the scrub in Bergy got the best of him....you can dress-up a scrub in fancy clothes, but he remains a scrub at heart

He longs for the days of the Hatcher brothers.

What's amazing is how the fans keep settling for an increasingly substandard product. We have no excuse for not spending to the cap. The wet dream of landing Tavares is just that. Will never happen. At the very least, we should have given Markov a one year, six million dollar deal. That alone would have ensured a playoff spot. Instead, we go into the season weaker on both defense and offense, just so that cheap fck Molson can save a few dollars on payroll.

Speak for yourself. I'm not following this team.

Preds though. Subban scored tonight. That always feels good.

Bingo....this is what happens when you keep patching and never ever fix your problems.

You can only kick the can down the road til the road ends Rolex.

You can't go through a near decade of inept draft and development , poor asset management and never building the right core base.

What makes it worse is a regime who failed to understand what cycle they are in .

How this team thought they were in win now mode is beyond comprehension.

They never had the right mix to contend and even reversing the recent miscues were only putting lipstick on a pig for another year til this day eventually arrives.

We need to find our Danny Ainge , RJ Buford exec and Hoodie elite master behind the bench of this shit turns stays ugly for many years .

As I said this team would of shit the bed years ago if not for 31 standing on his head bailing us out for those previous 10-15 points a year . That's all the plan was ....a Bible and 31 .

Now Jesus and the rest of the team can't help each other .

Let the fun times begin folks if could stay fugly for years .

The worst part is putting up with my Leaf fan buddies for the next few years .

He was one of the better Habs tonight, that's how bad the rest were. I got a full dose of how bad this team is away from the puck. It's incredibly bad and makes me miss Therrien. Never thought I'd say that. Ever.

I hate to say I told you so but...

In my entire lifetime watching the Habs they have sucked at drafting - sure they had a handful of good drafts like 1984 and 2007 but have sucked donkey dong for most of it since 1980.

Just maybe that’s why they’ve managed to fluke off only 2-Cups in 38-years.

They always sucked at drafting in the first round, but they usually done pretty good in the later rounds. We used to be able to develop about 3-4 NHLers per draft.

Back