• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Who will and should replace MB?

You’re making yourself look dumb. I’m trying to help you.

With all due respect Krust , I totally disagree .

Recent high picks that are front liners are Ehlers , Monahan , Pasternak .

Barely on pace for 40 points hardly qualifies as a front liner . No excuse that his supporting is weaker , he has been invisible most nights .

With all due respect Krust , I totally disagree .

Recent high picks that are front liners are Ehlers , Monahan , Pasternak .

Barely on pace for 40 points hardly qualifies as a front liner . No excuse that his supporting is weaker , he has been invisible most nights .

You don't need to argue with him, there's not 1 person I know who thinks he is. Krusty works for the SSJB that's why he thinks that.

You don't need to argue with him, there's not 1 person I know who thinks he is. Krusty works for the SSJB that's why he thinks that.

SSJB ?

If Drouin is a top line player then dudes like Domi and Reinhart are as well :facepalm

The point is at the moment of the trade, Habs and management were telling us we got a top line pivot in Drouin, not only he is not but he is not a top line winger either, maybe an Ok 2nd line winger, but that is surely not what they were looking for by trading their best prospect in Sergachev. This is like trading Sergachev for someone like Tomas Vanek(even Vanek scores more goals), getting the type of production, you can get in in July August for free maybe, no need to lose a diamond such as Sergachev.

I said it many times before, this trade has McDo Gomez all over, the difference is Gomez was quite productive for sometime as C with Habs which isn't the case of Drouin.

Last edited:
The way Preds got Turris is a clear example of a brilliant GM job, i mean people who still believe in MB(not here but sure among organisation) think for a second if MB had 1% chance to pull such a deal?

The way Preds got Turris is a clear example of a brilliant GM job, i mean people who still believe in MB(not here but sure among organisation) think for a second if MB had 1% chance to pull such a deal?
MB acquired Vanek for squat.....he would have done a lot better if the amateur drafting team HE's responsible for was competent.

MB acquired Vanek for squat.....he would have done a lot better if the amateur drafting team HE's responsible for was competent.

Unfortunately this team is all about iffs . Vanek was a pure rental no more , his career was downhill from there . Turris was acquired at a fair price where he fits and was signed , major difference .

Amateur drafting and missing players is one thing , making things happen is another . You would hope once in 6 years you could pull off this type of trade or maneuvering in a draft to get Barzal , Kyrou , among others .

The weren't top 10 picks or near impossible to get creative and pull one off.

All we could do is find Byron's and Dano's from the scrap heap , that's not good enough .

That’s because Byron’s, Danault’s and Weise’s are he only ones dealt in season unless u have grade A ELC type to deal to an established player - see Jones for Johanssen.

Which comes back to the root cause of all of MBs / Habs issues, no grade A assets to deal for that top end C due poor asset procurement in the development pipeline.

That’s because Byron’s, Danault’s and Weise’s are he only ones dealt in season unless u have grade A ELC type to deal to an established player - see Jones for Johanssen.

Which comes back to the root cause of all of MBs / Habs issues, no grade A assets to deal for that top end C due poor asset procurement in the development pipeline.

Bingo , so why is everyone still employed ? You have to make your move with young players who arent tied to NTC if you want to deal . But no assets = no deal

Your comment make me laugh pal, MB acquired Vanek, the way you talk is like he hit the jackpot. MB got Vanek for 2nd rounder because his value was low, if i am not wrong the deal was done around 3 pm, that means no other GM were ready to give up their first rounders for Vanek. and we saw Vanek wasn't anything special in that year playoff.

You evaluate a GM by number of IMPACT moves he makes, not by getting Byron, Dano, Weise(which happened to be a good deal), they are not a difference makers, good complementary pieces and nothing more. There are tons of Byron, Dano like in league.

Your comment make me laugh pal, MB acquired Vanek, the way you talk is like he hit the jackpot. MB got Vanek for 2nd rounder because his value was low, if i am not wrong the deal was done around 3 pm, that means no other GM were ready to give up their first rounders for Vanek. and we saw Vanek wasn't anything special in that year playoff.
The MB proposal for Vanek was offered to Snow first thing in the AM, Habs had cap space no other team had the ability to absorb Vanek’s entire cap hit without sending $ back. There were a number of teams that were after Vanek, he was the prized asset as deadline day approached in 2014, but none of the other teams had cap space to fully absorb Vanek’s entire cap hit, and Snow had strict orders to dump & not take on any $. Vanek only netted Colberg + 2nd because MB had all the leverage as deadline close approached - Snow had to get something/anything for Vanek.

U have to give credit where credits due, MBs team was structured (that season) to absorb big deadline acquisition, and his deadline day strategy worked to perfection.

BTW - Vanek’s impact post-trade was huge on the Habs, they went on a pretty good roll for he rest of the regular season, from what I recall. Also without Vanek & Briere Habs don’t defeat the Bruins that playoffs.

Last edited:
You evaluate a GM by number of IMPACT moves he makes, not by getting Byron, Dano, Weise(which happened to be a good deal), they are not a difference makers, good complementary pieces and nothing more. There are tons of Byron, Dano like in league.
I’m not evaluating anything, the question was why MB only acquires Byron, Weise & Danault types, it’s because he has no assets in his development pool to replace a roster player should said player be dealt to acquire an impact player or use to acquire an impact player.

BTW there may be “tons of Danault & Byron” yet MB has never made an overpayment like a 1st + 3rd rounder for any of them as happened to Gaustad and many others on deadline day.

Also as I clearly, stated that lack of ELC asset availability is MBs biggest fault as GM. Whereas Poile can acquire Johanssen because his amateur system excels at finding & developing Dman.

U also evaluate a GM by the team he builds to win with over a long course, trades should be last ditch alternative to patch up minor areas of need not an evaluation measuring stick - a team should be 98% built via drafting & player development.

Something drastic has to be done with this org, u cannot hope to have any aspirations of the Cup with 43-years of putrid performance in the 1st round of the draft - highest probability of procuring a top end talent is the 1st round after all.

Last edited:
Back