• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Who will and should replace MB?

I won't be shocked! I am sure you are more qualified than people in charge right now.

I'd hire Baldy/Peanut just to see how he'd actually do after all these years of his campaigning for a GM's job but he'd probably not be great but no worse than the last several Habs GM's.

We need an aggressive and creative move like Leafs, go for Steve Y or David Poile. We wasted lots of money over crappy coaches, but everything start with a right GM. Offer them what they want to, and try to convince them. I mean if Leafs managed to do that, i wonder why we can't!!

We need an aggressive and creative move like Leafs, go for Steve Y or David Poile. We wasted lots of money over crappy coaches, but everything start with a right GM. Offer them what they want to, and try to convince them. I mean if Leafs managed to do that, i wonder why we can't!!

Stop. Neither is coming here any time soon.

I'd hire Baldy/Peanut just to see how he'd actually do after all these years of his campaigning for a GM's job but he'd probably not be great but no worse than the last several Habs GM's.

Yup I would give him a shot before I consider another retread

Always knew you were insane.

Stevie Y has yet to win anything as GM, and missed the playoffs nearly 50% of his time as TBay GM, as luck would have it his players take hometown discounts due to no state tax Florida & no market pressures associated with playing there - he has an excellent Dir of Scouting (Al Murray) for which he deserves enormous credit without any doubt.

David Poile’s been a GM going on 40-yrs, won didly squat while willingly seeking employment in non traditional hockey markets for as he himself put it “I prefer non traditional markets as the media scrutiny is not an issue in allowing me to do my job”.

Until the Leafs actually win, Shanny-Plan is just a nice story circa 2017.

Last edited:
Julien Brisebois
I realize he’s your friend, but JB strikes me as MB under Stanley - benefactor of his present orgs success.

- offer up an AGM job to TBay Dir of Amateur scouting Al Murray, mandate would be responsibility for amateur scouting and the AHL team
- find a spot for Benoit Groulx either on the NHL bench as assistant coach or Dir player development, whichever he wants

An orangutan can takeover as GM as far as I’m concerned - the immediate desperate need is amateur drafting & player development. A GM only needs assets to swing deals, as long as the pipeline keeps getting filled the rest will work itself out - MBs issue is he has no assets to work with and is forced to shuffle his existing deck, which is not a recipe for success.

Julien Brisebois has more experience with player personel, hockey operations, and cap related issues, than Baldy ever will

Julien Brisebois has more experience with player personel, hockey operations, and cap related issues, than Baldy ever will
Yvon Pedneault translated a Scotty piece in Journal de Mtl right after MB was hired - Scotty called MB an outstanding hire and elite talent evaluator....

Yvon Pedneault translated a Scotty piece in Journal de Mtl right after MB was hired - Scotty called MB an outstanding hire and elite talent evaluator....

Except that he never had as much responsibilities as Julien did when he was hired...Julien was basically Gainey’s right hand man, and now he’s become Yzerman’s right hand man. He’d make a great GM at some point...and we all know the GM will be French....

Yep, Brisebois is the logical choice. Language aside, I’d be hard press to find a better candidate.

Back