• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

MLB Dynasty - Roll Call #2

Preferably we find one more manager. if not... retracting one team isn't the worst.

Yep, I haven't looked through the full list of the teams in the redraft pool, but it definitely wouldn't be unbalanced to have 5 managers draft from the 6 teams. Mindz' team is obviously chock full of young talent, but I don't think any of the other teams would be above average. It would likely be better for the health of the league to come in with 5 new "average" teams rather than 6 "below-average" ones.

Once we do finalize, we should likely make a quick pass through the rules to decide if there's anything that we wanted to tweak. Obviously with the turnover, now would be a prime time to adjust things if we did want to change anything. I know we had some talks earlier in the off-season about the payout schedule, so we should try to finalize that at least.

There's lots of talent but a lot of it is coming from one or two of the teams... we could even come up with some kind of understanding where we drop to 17 teams this season but go back to 18 teams with an expansion draft next season? I think that would be kind of interesting. (Just tossing out ideas.)

I also agree about taking the time to figure out if there's anything we want/need to tweak too.

We should be in more of a hurry though. We should be getting this done so we can move on with the offseason.

The redraft will probably take a few weeks given the number of teams involved. And it wouldn't shock me if as guys start falling, other teams think about jumping in to swing deals for guys, so better to start as soon as we can. I'd suggest planning on starting in about a week - if we find someone else, great. If not, then we contract by a team. Don't want to delay too much more than that imho.

Hey guys, my name is Kellen, thanks for the invite. I'm looking forward to this league, can't wait for the draft.

It's been a week since we offered up the dispersal draft option to everyone so I'm going to close that opportunity now. I'll post the player pool for the draft sometime today.

Any progress on finding an 18th manager?

I think we should just settle it now, contract one team and start getting the dispersal draft going.

Is anyone else looking for another manager though?

A few people have tried and said they've had no luck but it's mostly been silence.

I understand not wanting to contract another team, but I agree with Tully, I don't want to get just anyone who will kinda manage their team for a season or two then bail on us.

Well, it's January 15... I think it's time to get this thing on the go.

I asked around on the weekend and couldn't find anyone to join the league and it doesn't appear as anyone else has either, so looks like we'll go with 17 teams for the 2018 season.

I still think it'll be a good idea to create rules for a potential expansion draft in case we decide to move the league back to 18 in 2019, so I'll start a thread for that too.

Can I get Iceman and Action Jackson to contact me, please?

Back