• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

MLB Dynasty - Roll Call #2

hairnova

News Breaker
While putting together the mega list and discussing the dispersal draft to replace the four exiting teams, we thought it might be a good idea to give everyone the opportunity to join in on this.

So, here's your chance. Maybe you do, maybe you don't, just let us know if you want to keep your current team or throw your roster into the draft pool.

It's actually a little tempting to do a reset on my team and join the dispersal draft... but I'm going to just stand pat with my team.

I’m not sure whether I love or hate you guys right now. It’s probably a combination of the two.

I'll keep my own team, but will certainly watch the dispersal draft. Lots of talent available - I think anyone participating should also think about other team's needs if they want to swing larger deals (hint I could use a RF hint)

Yeah this is something I'd normally consider but I've spent too much time and brainpower on my team to give it up.

I’ve certainly spent time, although I’m unsure about brainpower. Regardless, I will also stand pat.

Will picks be up for grabs as well in this draft?

Also, can I get an update on the teams that will be participating in this draft?

Still sorting through this... but JF16, The Metal Clan, The Mookie Monster and dbdeuce are the first four teams... plus yours and now Green Hornets.

All picks owned by these teams will also go into the draft.

With Metal’s & Mindz’ old teams having a legit shot at 1-1 and Ohtani, should we look at doing the draft lottery before the dispersal draft? It could have a major impact at the top of the draft, depending on where those picks land.

Yes the lottery will be done beforehand. I did it already but forgot about any top ups, so I'll look into it again.

Something that might make sense if we're struggling to find owners would be to do, say, a 4-5 owner draft among the 6 cut teams. That way we contract by probably ideally 1 owner, and it would help a little bit make the redrafted teams stronger, given that a couple of the teams thrown into the pool would be lower quality overall.

Yeah, I’d be down for something along those lines. Finding deadbeat owners who we need to replace after a season of them doing nothing with their team is absolutely the worst case scenario. I’d rather contract a team and have legit, interested owners.

Makes sense to me...and why I had originally mentioned going from 18 to 16 teams, but dropping to 17 works too.

I'm interested in whatever is best for the league and the wheels seem to be falling off the track lately, so we need to make changes and make this thing strong again.

Fitzgerald11 is out, but Hairnova found a couple more really good guys that will fit in great around here.

Yep... Kris and Kellen are joining the league. I sent them the link so hopefully they'll get signed up and check things here today.

Back