• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #41 | Lightning @ Canadiens | Jan 4, 2018| 7:30

Not to be too much of a downer, but watching bits and highlights of that game last night was kinda bittersweet. Reminds you of the type of exciting hockey against our rivals that could have been down the stretch and in the playoffs, but will prove to be meaningless. It was what we have been used to.....our best player winning the game for us. Put a healthy Weber in there, add something with the cap space, roll 4 lines with a good system and you never know.....could have been interesting. Games like this (very few and far between) tease you and get you thinking like this for a short period of time, but we can't lose sight of the fact that they are DONE and this needs to be significantly retooled at a minimum..

Not to be too much of a downer, but watching bits and highlights of that game last night was kinda bittersweet. Reminds you of the type of exciting hockey against our rivals that could have been down the stretch and in the playoffs, but will prove to be meaningless. It was what we have been used to.....our best player winning the game for us. Put a healthy Weber in there, add something with the cap space, roll 4 lines with a good system and you never know.....could have been interesting. Games like this (very few and far between) tease you and get you thinking like this for a short period of time, but we can't lose sight of the fact that they are DONE and this needs to be significantly retooled at a minimum..

I watched the 3rd period until the end of the game, it's the first time in about 2 months that I was entertained. Effort was there even if they are still not in sync (how is that possible at this point of the season)?.

Pacioretty and most definitely Galchenyuk are more effective when they don't play on a line with Drouin.

Drouin looks completely lost, no confidence at all, over thinking stuff. I guess Julien's mission is almost complete. First Therrien ruined Galchenyuk, now Julien is going to ruin Drouin. Good job boys.

Drouin looks completely lost, no confidence at all, over thinking stuff. I guess Julien's mission is almost complete. First Therrien ruined Galchenyuk, now Julien is going to ruin Drouin. Good job boys.

There is a very strong likelihood that MB has ordered Juilen to keep Drouin at C.

MB made a big brew ha-ha (including a press conference) about the Drouin trade and how they were going to use him at C. MB has proven that he's pig-headed enough to not allow a change in direction.

And, Galchenyuk isn't ruined. He's our top scorer despite lower ice time and playing out of position.

Nearly everything that is wrong with the Habs is because of MB. We shouldn't let him off the hook by blaming others.

at this point julien must have more power than MB

MB has a few months left
julien has a few years left

There is a very strong likelihood that MB has ordered Juilen to keep Drouin at C.

MB made a big brew ha-ha (including a press conference) about the Drouin trade and how they were going to use him at C. MB has proven that he's pig-headed enough to not allow a change in direction.

And, Galchenyuk isn't ruined. He's our top scorer despite lower ice time and playing out of position.

Nearly everything that is wrong with the Habs is because of MB. We shouldn't let him off the hook by blaming others.

Your refusal to blame julien for anything is disturbing.

Galchenyuk might not even hit 20 goals or 45 points this year....far cry from the expectations people had of him

I think Galchenyuk should have been better at this point if handled correctly. I don't think Drouin will be ruined either but they might ruin his potential. I also don't think MB is ordering anything, however things like this all definitely discussed between MB and Julien. Until MB acquires another center, one of AG or Drouin will have to play center, that's on MB, going with Drouin is a joint decision between Julien and MB.

Your refusal to blame julien for anything is disturbing.

Disturbing? That's a little dramatic. It's just sports man...

Anyways, it's cause I don't want the Narrative to move off of MB. He's the one that that created this mess and needs to be fired. No blame shifting to protect him.

Disturbing? That's a little dramatic. It's just sports man...

Anyways, it's cause I don't want the Narrative to move off of MB. He's the one that that created this mess and needs to be fired. No blame shifting to protect him.

I'm just as hard on MB as anyone else, but Julien doesn't get a pass. They both need to be fired.

Back