• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs trade Al Montoya to Oilers for draft pick

hairnova

News Breaker
If Montoya plays seven more games in the regular season, it's a fourth rounder.

If he doesn't, it's a fifth.

They're really going to go with Niemi as backup?

It's official, Bergevin has lost it or is deliverable trying to tank.

Ugh... I thought I beat you... but it appears that you may have won... or maybe it was a tie.

But you got Charlie. You must admit it’s a no brainer unless you also trade Charlie.
I'm not lamenting the trade at all. Glad he got a fifth at worst. I'm just saying it's apparent he's looking to go into sell mode.

I'm not lamenting the trade at all. Glad he got a fifth at worst. I'm just saying it's apparent he's looking to go into sell mode.

My point is he traded the asset with greater value considering he has recourse in the minors. It’s a small gesture but a departure from our asswipe GMs usual approach, normally he’d end up with Niemi back on waivers and lose him for zilch.

Of course it is. If Price goes down you now have Niemi playing instead of Montoya. Big downgrade.
Niemi won a Cup. Montoya is a career backup. I don't see any discernible downgrade here. Besides, even with Price we're 28th overall. If he goes down it won't matter who replaces him.

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk

Back