• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Lightning 1/9 7:30

Well after it we get hemmed into our own zone...We fighting for OT at this point I want the win.

Well they broke the tie 4-3 Bolts. They had been all over the canes for a bit so it felt inevitable.

All that really matters is that we leave Tampa without any points, but that was a great effort against the league's best team. Bring that every night and we'll be a playoff team.

The weakest goal he allowed was denied. That effort will get you wins. We put 4 past Their goalie that's not nothing.

Good showing against great team.

I would categorize this game as a decent effort against a far superior team. And I would say the Bolts ability to make plays surprised us on several occasions. Hanifin was completely overtaken on the 5th goal (as was Cam) and Cam was surprised at the weak side goal after making a decent save. The Bolts never give up and that, along with their skill level, makes all the difference.

Do you think the league will give us a point for winning a challenge?

Canes didn't quit, but wow is Tampa fun to watch

I would say now every Canes player knows what it takes to be a winner in this league. And they proved they can hang with the best team in the league. The question now is can they summon that intensity each and every night? Which is what it will take to make the playoffs.

That was the 2nd time we played Tampa very close. That 5-1 loss at home earlier this year was really a 2-1 game until the empty netters and stat padding 5th goal.

We play them the last game of the season at home. I'd hate for that to be a do or die game.

We play them the last game of the season at home. I'd hate for that to be a do or die game.

They'll have long clinched home ice by then, so we might get a small break there. But that was one scarily good team out there last night.

Ditto the rest of you ... good effort, tough opponent, take your beating and go see what you can do with the Caps.

Back