• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

All-Star Game

The All Star game is for the sponsoring city, young fans, and tv revenue. It's crazy to try and analyze who goes and who doesnt. The league wants it's Crosbys and Ovechkins there, and unfortunately many of those guys don't want to do it. It's a televised circus on ice, not much more.

The All Star game is for the sponsoring city, young fans, and tv revenue. It's crazy to try and analyze who goes and who doesnt. The league wants it's Crosbys and Ovechkins there, and unfortunately many of those guys don't want to do it. It's a televised circus on ice, not much more.

Bingo...

In order of worst ASG by sport...NFL, NHL, NBA then MLB. I actually love the fact the MLB all star game had something to play for which made the game worth watching.

MLB is also closer to a “real” game. And the pitchers have an advantage because they’re only pitching an inning. So they can just throw gas.

‘Forget about the curve ball, Rickey. Give him the heater”

The NHL is getting a lot of heat for their decision to go with Kid Rock for the All-Star game concert. The most legit criticism is this is not the performer you want to use if you want to grow the game given his frequent display of the confederate flag at his concerts and his zealous support of Donald Trump.

I'm no fan of Kid Rock, but Trumpers buy tickets too.

The criticism was that choosing Kid Rock does not help grow the game-- both because of his politics and because he's a crappy, has been artist. I guess at least he has name recognition-- I can't even recall who played for the All-Star game here and I recall not even being familiar with them when they were announced.

3 doors down was the band for the all star game here. I think Clay Aiken did the national anthem.

Not a fan but I don't think Kid Rock qualifies as a has been. He's still putting out music that sells . His album that came out in Nov. went to #8 on the charts.

The criticism was that choosing Kid Rock does not help grow the game-- both because of his politics and because he's a crappy, has been artist. I guess at least he has name recognition-- I can't even recall who played for the All-Star game here and I recall not even being familiar with them when they were announced.

Is that the job of the entertainment at the All Star Game ... growing the game? Because I'd like somebody to check the books on how many people the Roots added to "the game" a few years ago. I'd guess exactly none.

They generally get second or third rate acts for these things ... Big Bad Voodoo Daddy for the ESA opening for crying out loud ... and those people aren't moving the needle one way or the other. To me it's an irrelevant complaint. Kid Rock sucks. Criticize that.

Not aiming at SS here ... just at the argument.

Can't say I care for Kid Rock or his music, but I remember him cheering on the Hurricanes during our SC run, so I appreciate him for that. I don't care for Trump either, but it's getting tiresome when R&R performers are called out only when or if they support a Republican president (it' not just Trump). Can't we leave politics out of this?

Can't say I care for Kid Rock or his music, but I remember him cheering on the Hurricanes during our SC run, so I appreciate him for that. I don't care for Trump either, but it's getting tiresome when R&R performers are called out only when or if they support a Republican president (it' not just Trump). Can't we leave politics out of this?

I don't think you can leave politics out of anything these days. Besides, music is by and large a political arena. Always has been.

BUT ... yeah. You can't just put one side of the aisle on blast and the other side on the good list like that makes sense. For starters, there's more than two sides.

He is a friend of Karmanos so he even got a 2006 stanley cup ring from Karmanos.

Also I thought the ESA opening group was cherry poppin daddies? I remember laughing when I heard their name , that was the first I heard of them.

Hockey has more "deplorables" than any sport. Thank god!

He is a friend of Karmanos so he even got a 2006 stanley cup ring from Karmanos.

Also I thought the ESA opening group was cherry poppin daddies? I remember laughing when I heard their name , that was the first I heard of them.

It might well have been ... because who the heck could remember?

Which is pretty much my point in a nutshell

Hanafin on the ice for the first Metro goal. 1-0.

They've got him with Ovechkin and Crosby (who scored).

Unfortunately, he is also on the ice as Matthews ties it up. 1-1.

Last edited:
Back