• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Caps 1/11 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes open an old fashioned home and home with the Caps.

Lines from the skate:

Aho/Staal/Lindhoom
Skinner/Rask/Teravainen
McGinn/Ryan/Williams
Nordstrom/Kruger/Jooris

Slavin/Pesce
Fleury/Faulk
Hanifin/TVR

Darling in goal

Looks like Stempniak makes his debut tomorrow night.

I will be watching to see how long we keep the Finns split up like that.

Peters I suspect is going to want Slavin/Pesce out there as much as possible with that Skinner-Rask-Teravainen line. Otherwise Ovechkin is going to eat that line up (of course if Ovechkin is on, it really doesn't matter who we have out there).

I was thinking Cam tonight since the game tomorrow night is at home and Darling's record is 3-8-3 on the road (5-3-3 at home), but apparently Peters doesn't see it that way (or doesn't care about those numbers).

Maybe Peters is thinking the pressure on Darling will be less if it's an away game, but I thought Cam would get the start tonight, too.

We--and especially Scott Darling--needed that win. The building should be fun for the rematch tomorrow night!

was Washington that flat, or did we just play one of our best defensive games of the year? And without Pesce in the line up. its a head scratcher.

I think it is more the latter.
that and the CBJ game are the 2 best defensive efforts this season IMO.

Great game, great win. A lot to like about that victory. Especially Darling's play in net. He was very good. Hopefully it will lead to more of the same.

Another solid road effort against a really good team. Not a lot of goals for but we were dangerous in the offensive zone. Darling played great.

Man would it be awsome to follow that up with another win tonight.

Huge win for both.

As good of a win as it gets! The boys worked hard. The repeat offender Wilson needs to get a game or two for that garbage on Ryan. Presser at noon then another win tonight would be sweet for this franchise.

I think if they could play 4 or 5 games against the Bolts, they'd be a much better team - 4 or 5 games that don't count for the standings... It's a young team, and they have some talent but they need to learn how to play at that high level.

They played very well against the Pens, Bolts and Caps. The line combinations showed some promise. Williams played what I thought was his best game this season.

Back