• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Caps 1/12 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The back half of a home and home and next to last game before the 5 day break.

No morning skate today with the game last night. Ryan's availability is unknown after being boarded by Tom Wilson. Peters said after the game that Ryan was being tested. Pesce's is also unknown after missing last night with an upper body injury after falling awkwardly at the morning skate. Peters also said earlier that Stempniak could play, so he may draw into the lineup. I'd start Darling and give him a chance to build on last night's performance.

Andre Burakovsky is out for the Caps, he didn't travel.

It's a Homegrown game. Tonight's food option is a quarter rack of pork ribs available at the 109 concession stand. Pig pickin' cake is available at 111, it's a yellow cake baked with mandarin oranges and has a topping of pineapple and vanilla pudding. The beer option is at the Deep River bar at section 313, they have 4 beers on tap and 2 more in cans. Posters at 109/110 tonight since Bryan Bickell will be signing autographs at section 108 ahead of his debut in tomorrow's alumni game.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV, note the usual Friday start time.

Pesce is going on IR. With the break coming up, I don't expect McKeown to come walking through the door tonight.

What does putting him on IR accomplish for us? We have 2 games before a week off. Would it allow them to call up someone on an emergency basis? Or does it save them money or cap space during the bye week? Does anyone have any idea of how long they're thinking he'll be out?

What does putting him on IR accomplish for us? We have 2 games before a week off. Would it allow them to call up someone on an emergency basis? Or does it save them money or cap space during the bye week? Does anyone have any idea of how long they're thinking he'll be out?

Lucas Wallmark was recalled. Maybe Ryan can't go tonight? But then why not put him on IR?

Aha... So they know Pesce is out tonight and maybe Sunday, so he was safe to put on IR... and they needed to recall Wallmark to cover (or potentially cover) Ryan...

There were more fries in my daughter's fry order than at any point this season, but I suspect that was just a coincidence. I haven't seen any difference but I heard the Eye is selling autographed merchandise now?

anybody there who notice any changes in the arena experience?

No changes in regards to bad officiating!!! It amazes me how often the Canes get the screw job on video review. Eller knew exactly what he was doing with the Ropey Dope of Ward’s arm. It’s the old accidental-on purpose tangle in front.

You simply cannot make this shit up if you tried! The Craps did not even deserve a point tonight and they got two. The officiating in this league is a disgrace, period. The Canes deserved a better fate, they worked their asses off tonight. That is just hard to digest. Four idiots in stripes can call a high sticking double minor that is clear as day and they all miss it.

Refs need a good sodomizing.

Sort of like that Hanafin pass to the slot. Jebus h christ

Back