Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Thread: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

  1. #61
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    30,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    hopefully now Drouin

  2. #62
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Another pathetic failure.
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

  3. #63
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    30,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    idiots

  4. #64
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    30,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    hopefully now Drouin
    Damn getting old, Drouin shot and missed, what a ****ed up year for him

  5. #65
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    66,634
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Entertaining game. That’s about all we can hope for at this point. Games don’t really matter.

  6. #66
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou View Post
    Another pathetic success
    Fixed that for you.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  7. #67
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    144,441
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Habs were the better team.

    2 awful breakdowns gave the Bruins the game.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  8. #68
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    Entertaining game. That’s about all we can hope for at this point. Games don’t really matter.
    I agree, it wasn't a bad game.

  9. #69
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    I know i repeat myself but Drouin is disaster, at least Chukcy has a nice shot.

  10. #70
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Couldn't help but notice the Bruins have gotten good value out of their recent middle first round picks (Pastrnak, DeBrusk, McAvoy).
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  11. #71
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    Couldn't help but notice the Bruins have gotten good value out of their recent middle first round picks (Pastrnak, DeBrusk, McAvoy).
    That is what i said last week, and few of their good players are in 2nd or late rounds(Heinen, Carlo).
    Last edited by Habs-25; 01-13-2018 at 11:35 PM.

  12. #72
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    30,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    And I also remember when many laughed at their picks and said the Bruins were going to be a cluster**** for years

  13. #73
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    14,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    And I also remember when many laughed at their picks and said the Bruins were going to be a cluster**** for years
    Specially when they traded Lucic and Hamilton.

  14. #74
    ADMINuteman Habspatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lookin for a place to happen
    Posts
    78,679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    And I also remember when many laughed at their picks and said the Bruins were going to be a cluster**** for years
    Everyone laughed at their 3 consecutive picks in 2015. They took Jakub Zboril #13. Jake DeBrusk #14 and Zachary Senyshyn #15. They looked like terrible picks at the time. DeBrusk is actually looking pretty good though. The other 2 picks still look really bad. To be fair to the doubters... DeBrusk was the only one of the 3 that looked like he could be anything and that was the opinion at the time.

  15. #75
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Pastrnak drafted #25 in 2014 has scored the most goals from that draft class. We drafted Nikita one pick later.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  16. #76
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    30,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Phil Danault's dad updates on Facebook that Phil's scan came back normal and he confirmed he'll be kept in the hospital overnight for observation.

  17. #77
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    42,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    Entertaining game. That’s about all we can hope for at this point. Games don’t really matter.
    Yep, a good game, something that has been in short supply this year.

  18. #78
    1st Liner Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post
    Everyone laughed at their 3 consecutive picks in 2015. They took Jakub Zboril #13. Jake DeBrusk #14 and Zachary Senyshyn #15. They looked like terrible picks at the time. DeBrusk is actually looking pretty good though. The other 2 picks still look really bad. To be fair to the doubters... DeBrusk was the only one of the 3 that looked like he could be anything and that was the opinion at the time.
    Yep those pick were reaches.

    With Barzal, Boeser and Chabot still on the board, those 3 consecutive 1rst round picks could have put this Boston team over the top.

    They just did well enough with youth to be a good team and make the playoffs.

    The rise of Brad Marchand offensively in the last 3 seasons did camouflage some average decisions they made with their forward group tho.
    Last edited by Purple Haze; 01-14-2018 at 02:10 AM.

  19. #79
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Yep those pick were reaches.

    With Barzal, Boeser and Chabot still on the board, those 3 consecutive 1rst round picks could have put this Boston team over the top.

    They just did well enough with youth to be a good team and make the playoffs.

    The rise of Brad Marchand offensively in the last 3 seasons did camouflage some average decisions they made with their forward group tho.
    Zaboril was picked about where he was expected but Barzal was a huge miss . I didn't mind the ZS pick , he has great wheels and can score and thought he was a sleeper in that draft .

    Bottom line the B's have done a good job mixing youth with their vets when Julien was fired and played a more attacking game .

  20. #80
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Habs were the better team.

    2 awful breakdowns gave the Bruins the game.
    That's our team , we have zero margin for error .

    We can't out gun opponents and don't have the shut down D to win 2-1 games .

    With 31 not at the top of his game it's tough to win .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •