• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #45 | Habs @ Boston | Jan 17th 2018 @ 19:30

They switched up the lines. de la Rose centered Carr and Froese. Drouin back to centre between Deslauriers and Galchenyuk,

How can the bald dude behind the bench expect a fourth line penalty killer to centre his top line ?

I know you are trying different things but WTF .

How can the bald dude behind the bench expect a fourth line penalty killer to centre his top line ?

I know you are trying different things but WTF .

They just lack enough playmaking , creative forwards, especially at centre.

Creativity and playmaking has been BEATEN out of this team for the last 18 YEARS

Claude Julien
Michel Therrien
Randy Cunneyworth
Jacques Martin
Bob Gainey
Guy Carbonneau
Bob Gainey
Claude Julien
Michel Therrien

Safe plays, hard boards, Dump it, Play da right way.

Darren Dreger said it best this morning that the current situation at center is a calamity.

Our best center last night, Plekanec, has 1 goal in his last 33 games.

When all centers are healthy Danault is our best offensive center....that is unbelievably pathetic.

How it has gotten to this is beyond comprehensible and I don't see any good GM let his team get to this point when talking about as important an aspect as the middle line of your team

The truly sad thing about Bergevin is that as bad as he is he's not even the worst GM we've had over the past 25 years.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Creativity and playmaking has been BEATEN out of this team for the last 18 YEARS

Claude Julien
Michel Therrien
Randy Cunneyworth
Jacques Martin
Bob Gainey
Guy Carbonneau
Bob Gainey
Claude Julien
Michel Therrien

Safe plays, hard boards, Dump it, Play da right way.

Carbonneau was letting them be pretty loose. I think we had our best offensive season with him.

The truly sad thing about Bergevin is that as bad as he is he's not even the worst GM we've had over the past 25 years.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The difference is that I think MB inherited a team with very good assets as opposed to a couple of the other GMs

The difference is that I think MB inherited a team with very good assets as opposed to a couple of the other GMs
Yeah, in term of assets received, I'd say Houle inherited the best team, followed by MB, followed by Gauthier, followed by Gainey and then poor Andre Savard at the bottom.

I would honestly prefer to keep losing.

Putting Galcheyuk at C makes us better. I don't want that this year.
I'm not worried about this season. A few percentage points in the lottery is a small price to pay to develop a centre.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, in term of assets received, I'd say Houle inherited the best team, followed by MB, followed by Gauthier, followed by Gainey and then poor Andre Savard at the bottom.

I actually think the best of that group was Andre Savard.

Very good hockey mind

I'm not worried about this season. A few percentage points in the lottery is a small price to pay to develop a centre.

He can develop next season. We need to top 3 pick, and we need to be in the best position to allow luck to fix what management has managed to utterly mess up.

I think we need to be bad this year and next season. Make sure we're bad for at least one. We can get into the 3rd worst spot this season if we play the cards right (the same cards were playing now).

I think we need to be bad this year and next season. Make sure we're bad for at least one. We can get into the 3rd worst spot this season if we play the cards right (the same cards were playing now).
Sure but if the Habs are not willing to develop drouin and or chuck at centre in a failed season they won't next year either.

Sure but if Mark Bergevin is not willing to develop drouin and or chuck at centre in a failed season he won't next year either.

Fire Bergevin, get a good GM, problem solved.

Ya. The only way things move forward is to remove MB.

This would be my plan if I started as the GM today.

1) I am fine with keeping Galchenyuk and Drouin playing in their unnatural positions for the rest of this year to help ensure the good draft odds.
2) Draft Dahlin, Tkachuk or Zadina
3) Trade Pleks, Weber, Benn, Petry, Pacioretty at the upcoming deadline or in the offseason.
4) Have Galchenyuk and Drouin both play centre next year. The team will likely suck again.
5) Get another really good draft pick
6) In the next off-season, decide if you want Galchenyuk and Drouin on this team going forward.
7) Insert Dahlin, Tkachuk or Zadina into the lineup.
8) Start looking at free agents
9) Plan to compete in 2 or 3 seasons from now. Carey will still be young enough.

Back