• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Gdt leafs flyers

So play those 20yr olds more and really learn'em.
This I won't disagree with. If this is a learning curve for them then put them in high pressure situations.

If they mess up show them the tapes and work on the scenarios in practice

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

How were the minutes in last years' playoffs distributed?

Meh, I think it's one thing to see Babcock's weakness, another entirely to suggest he should be gone, or that he's hurting our kids.
****ing stupid is what that is.

Idk zeke, it makes so much more sense to just believe that Babcock has no idea what he is doing...that Shanahan and Lucky Lou are idiots as well for letting him coach the team.
One the one hand, it's unrealistic to think that Babcock has no clue what he's doing, or that he's an awful coach.

On the other hand, it's equally unrealistic to think that Babcock isn't a human being that, like the rest of us, has his own blind spots and makes mistakes from time to time.

It's also not like what's happening right now is unprecedented. One of the big criticisms late in Babcock's tenure with Detroit is that he'd fall in love with hard-working plugs, and remain unshakingly loyal to them regardless of whether or not their actual play on the ice showed that they merited the ice-time, or even the spot in the lineup they were being given.

In Detroit, those guys were Drew Miller, Dan Cleary & Luke Glendening.

In Toronto, it's Leo Komarov, Roman Polak, Zach Hyman & Matt Martin. And at some point, if the team doesn't start playing better and winning, and/or if Babcock doesn't decide to decrease the usage of his favourite toys himself, it's going to be the job of someone above Babcock on the chain of command to do something about this.

I don't disagree with that. I also believe that is exactly what will happen;

This is not our cup year. I trust mngmnt, I trust that they will get rid of some of the deadwood...by the deadline or this summer...and I believe our GM will acquire more of what we need this summer, and maybe via trade this season.
We have some of the best minds in hockey inside our organization.
Think about that.

c9b10fe7a49d720a1bc286e07d72c31d.jpg

He can fix this mess. He sees the value and lack there of in guys.

How were the minutes in last years' playoffs distributed?

Keep in mind that we played a pile of overtime:

Defence:

Gardiner: 28:38
Rielly: 26:53
Hunwick: 25:39
Zaitsev: 21:35
Marincin: 16:36
Carrick: 12:16

Forwards:

Matthews: 20:18
Leo: 19:37
Kadri: 19:22
Bozak: 18:45
Nylander: 18:41
Hyman: 18:29
Brown: 18:14
Marner: 17:48
JVR: 17:38

I didn't want to look forward to Leo leaving Toronto but I'm really starting to.

Keep in mind that we played a pile of overtime:

Defence:

Gardiner: 28:38
Rielly: 26:53
Hunwick: 25:39
Zaitsev: 21:35
Marincin: 16:36
Carrick: 12:16

Forwards:

Matthews: 20:18
Leo: 19:37
Kadri: 19:22
Bozak: 18:45
Nylander: 18:41
Hyman: 18:29
Brown: 18:14
Marner: 17:48
JVR: 17:38

I didn't want to look forward to Leo leaving Toronto but I'm really starting to.

Hey now, Komarov was useful last year.

Oh no doubt. I hate shitting on him, we all loved Uncle Leo. But he should just about never be our 2nd most played forward.

We have been here before with Tucker and hell even Clark.

Thanks for everything but the milks gone bad

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Tucker and Clark both pretty much fell apart physically and as players at 32 years of age. Leo's turning 31 in a couple of days.

There's only so long you can last when you're 5'11" and play like a human missile.

My hope was he would be of some use to somebody else at the deadline, but I really don't see that happening.
I don't think we're worrying about Komarov next season, so I'm not to worried this season.

Auston Matthews has the 9th highest PP ice time out of all Leafs forwards. Nylander is 7th (according to the guys on TSN 1050 yesterday).

Carry on.

Auston Matthews has the 9th highest PP ice time out of all Leafs forwards. Nylander is 7th (according to the guys on TSN 1050 yesterday).

Carry on.

Not enough said because that’s stupid and misleading. Second in pp toi per game. And just 8 seconds separates first and eighth amongst forwards.

so load up one unit and give them 3-4 minutes per game, like every top PP in the league.

Not enough said because that’s stupid and misleading. Second in pp toi per game. And just 8 seconds separates first and eighth amongst forwards.

Yeah, is that a good thing? The fact that a few seconds per game separates a guy like him and Tyler Bozak, Leo Komarov?

How about we maybe play our stars as much as they deserve to play and moreso than some of the passengers on the roster? I know, it's a novel idea.

Leaffan2005, I sent you a message, did u get it? I don't know if my messaging is working. Sent one to you too zeke. I don't think they are getting through.

Back