• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #47 | Habs @ Boston | Jan 20th 2018 @ 19:00

What is this? A expansion club? A small market team? Eat the losses for 2 or 3 seasons, come back even stronger.

The last thing, especially the fans, should be thinking about are how many asses are in seats.
It might not matter to you but you aren't the owner whose job is to make money

There is also a duty to be at least somewhat competitive. Team owes it to fans broadcasters who pay for rights to show a real team etc.

Tell you what tho, put your money where fingers are and buy season ticks at 250 a pop for ECHL product.

There is also a duty to be at least somewhat competitive. Team owes it to fans broadcasters who pay for rights to show a real team etc.

Tell you what tho, put your money where fingers are and buy season ticks at 250 a pop for ECHL product.

If the owners job is to make money he shouldn't be an owner. When you own a sports franchise your goal should be putting the best product possible out to compete and doing their best to win championships.

And for your information, Toronto did field a ECHL team, the stands didn't empty. Are you saying Toronto fans are better fans than montreal fans?

If the owners job is to make money he shouldn't be an owner. When you own a sports franchise your goal should be putting the best product possible out to compete and doing their best to win championships.
What? The job of any business owner is to maximize $. When you own a sports franchise the primary goal is to maximize $, winning is a nicety not a necessity...unless there’s a direct correlation to maximizing $.

The Habs like Yankees do not need to win to organically grow double digits every year which should be the starting point given their profit assurance curve.

Yes, they have proven it for 50+ years. Support through thin and thinner.

Well, Habs fans have gone a quarter century without a cup. I believe they can survive a few years of a rebuild, same as leaf fans.

Especially when one considers that they will eventually be forced to do it anyways.

What? The job of any business owner is to maximize $. When you own a sports franchise the primary goal is to maximize $, winning is a nicety not a necessity...unless there’s a direct correlation to maximizing $.

The Habs like Yankees do not need to win to organically grow double digits every year which should be the starting point given their profit assurance curve.

You make it sound like MLSE are doing great because the leafs make money every season, never mind the fact that they haven't won squat on 5 years.

You make it sound like MLSE are doing great because the leafs make money every season, never mind the fact that they haven't won squat on 5 years.
Whether the Leafs won on the ice or not is completely irrelevant to the modern day business model for brand name franchises in high demand markets - $ are made through content providing & the team being a mechanism for corporate entities to legally money launder.

Whether the Leafs won on the ice or not is completely irrelevant to the modern day business model for brand name franchises in high demand markets - $ are made through content providing & the team being a mechanism for corporate entities to legally money launder.

Well, then Habs are doing great this year then, having cutting the amount spent on employees by the tune of 8.5 million dollars while keeping approximately the same amount of paying customers without cutting prices.

My suggestion to the montreal canadiens is to look for more cost cutting measures and reducing the amount spent on employees to the legally mandated minimum which should offset any drop in the amount of paying customers and loss of ad revenue.

At the same time I suggest putting a renewed effort in research and development in order to introduce a brand new product in a 3 to 5 year timeline at which point there can be significant investments in retaining the up and coming employees while bringing in high quality personnel from other organizations in order to be the best in their field.

I don’t have a good feel for the wherewithal of the Habs ownership consortium - Jr’s definitely not in the David Thomson, Kroeneke, Anschutz, Pegula, Dolan sphere...

Too bad Mark Cuban or a Russian oligarch doesn’t own the Habs...

Well, then Habs are doing great this year then, having cutting the amount spent on employees by the tune of 8.5 million dollars while keeping approximately the same amount of paying customers without cutting prices.

My suggestion to the montreal canadiens is to look for more cost cutting measures and reducing the amount spent on employees to the legally mandated minimum which should offset any drop in the amount of paying customers and loss of ad revenue.

At the same time I suggest putting a renewed effort in research and development in order to introduce a brand new product in a 3 to 5 year timeline at which point there can be significant investments in retaining the up and coming employees while bringing in high quality personnel from other organizations in order to be the best in their field.

Good point , spend to the floor if the goal is max profit .

The problem with the next regime is how to keep fans excited , keep fans coming to the game , and more importantly ensure playoff revenue.

You nailed it , what is a 3-4 year rebuild where excitement can be created and hopefully get extra playoff rounds for more profits .

I don’t have a good feel for the wherewithal of the Habs ownership consortium - Jr’s definitely not in the David Thomson, Kroeneke, Anschutz, Pegula, Dolan sphere...

Too bad Mark Cuban or a Russian oligarch doesn’t own the Habs...

The last thing we need is an another moron like the idiot who drove the Nets to the ground trying to force a title .

Yes, they have proven it for 50+ years. Support through thin and thinner.
Montreal has been a failure for 25 years and counting yet they managed to draw their customary 21000 sheep again last night. The days of Habs fans not being willing to keep paying are long over. They'll watch what they're told to watch, just like Leafs fans.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

"Somewhat competitive"

This is exactly what's wrong with some fans.

The only thing they care about is their instant joy. They don't actually care about winning a cup or building a true contender. In their eyes a "hard fought" 4-2 loss is just fine as long as they were entertained in the moment.

And honestly after 2 of the last 3 seasons i'm surprised that some fans still feel this way.

Back