• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #47 | Habs @ Boston | Jan 20th 2018 @ 19:00

Meh.

It was written in stone in the offseason. It has nothing to do with me or anyone else. Everyone and their mother should have known.

Meh.

It was written in stone in the offseason. It has nothing to do with me or anyone else. Everyone and their mother should have known.

Don't worry buddy, the Habs won't

A) go the entire off season without making a deal to replace radulov and Markov

B) won't start the season with 8.5 million dollars in cap space

C) be passed by the leafs, the bruins, and the lightning and will be first or second in the division as always.

D) be struggling at the center position now that we have the almighty drouin, who is on par with guys like nylander and marner.

E) fail to make a major deal for a star like tavares in order to bolster our roster for a playoff run, and using up the rest of the cap space Bergevin so wisely saved for the team

No worries man, no worries.

Don't worry buddy, the Habs won't

A) go the entire off season without making a deal to replace radulov and Markov

B) won't start the season with 8.5 million dollars in cap space

C) be passed by the leafs, the bruins, and the lightning and will be first or second in the division as always.

D) be struggling at the center position now that we have the almighty drouin, who is on par with guys like nylander and marner.

E) fail to make a major deal for a star like tavares in order to bolster our roster for a playoff run, and using up the rest of the cap space Bergevin so wisely saved for the team

No worries man, no worries.

The path to futility was paved years ago , the off-season just accelerated the inevitable.

No trade or use of cap space was stopping this.

In 10 seasons with us (ignoring his injured season 2 years ago), he had 5 really good regular seasons (most of them recently, he struggled early in his career), 2 good playoffs year (2011, 2014), and two decent ones (2015, 2017).

He's good, really good, but he's not that phenom that people try to convince us he is.

Agreed but we don't make the playoffs in those 5 years which would of been a lost decade.

Last night was a great example . Anderson with an .833 SV% wins 4-3.

Leafs slammed 3 goals in 6 minutes in the third to erase a 3-1 deficit and bailed him out of a bad night .

When does that happen with 31 ?

Please don’t trade Byron.

I would love him on a rebuilding team as a leader and a role model for young players.

I agree we should trade anyone who has “value” and start a youth process, but you still need players and I think it would send the wrong message to trade someone like Byron.
He did everything asked of him and more, you keep this guy.

Gallagher with the C, Byron with an A.

Trade the other players with “value” aka 67, 14, etc

If you can flip Byron for serious assets you most definitely trade him.

With that said - despite how we view Bryon he likely doesn't have strong trade value anyway.

2nd rounder?

I wouldn't trade him for a second rounder, not with his value contract. If some team wants him that bad, let them overpay with a 1st rounder and if its projected to be a low pick in the first round, ask them for additional pieces.

Please don’t trade Byron.

I would love him on a rebuilding team as a leader and a role model for young players.

I agree we should trade anyone who has “value” and start a youth process, but you still need players and I think it would send the wrong message to trade someone like Byron.
He did everything asked of him and more, you keep this guy.

Gallagher with the C, Byron with an A.

Trade the other players with “value” aka 67, 14, etc

Byron was a scrap heap find , we can do it over again . Easy to find a Weise , Dano or Byron .

I wouldn't trade him for a second rounder, not with his value contract. If some team wants him that bad, let them overpay with a 1st rounder and if its projected to be a low pick in the first round, ask them for additional pieces.

First rounder for a third line player? Second rounder. Max. And I say we do it. He's not exactly a young guy and probably won't be around when we try to get good again.

Bryon can obviously be traded if the haul is greater than expected.

If we hang onto to him I wouldn't care either. He's not good enough to carry this team to undeserved wins, so he doesn't interfere with the rebuild.

The only way you trade Byron is if he is a throw in to get you a major piece . Byron is cheap and proven, a piece we can use going forward. I understand fans want to rebuild but we still need to ice a team.

The only way you trade Byron is if he is a throw in to get you a major piece . Byron is cheap and proven, a piece we can use going forward. I understand fans want to rebuild but we still need to ice a team.
People forget that fact. They forget we chaege up to $500 for tix and some think we can ice an ECHL team for three years and people will pay.

Shit, Byron is one of the few guys I actually care about on this team, this in itself is a pretty bad indictment.

Yep, you need players like Byron so you have enough cap space to pursue a top free agent, when the time is right. But I still think he's a much better player than a throw in.

People forget that fact. They forget we chaege up to $500 for tix and some think we can ice an ECHL team for three years and people will pay.

People will pay more in the future when this team is a actual cup contender.

Short term pain, long term gain.

And in all seriousness, I don't care if people don't pay and neither should management. The only thing people should care about is how to get the team in a position to win the goddamn Stanley cup, not how many asses are in the seats for a rebuild.

Last edited:
People wpay pay more in the future when this team is a actual cup contender.

Short term pain, long term gain.

And in all seriousness, I don't care if people don't pay and neither should management. The only thing people should care about is how to get the team in a position to win the goddamn Stanley cup, not how many asses are in the seats for a rebuild.
You are expecting people to pay Rolex prices for a Rolax.

Montreal has shown it does not do that.

You are expecting people to pay Rolex prices for a Rolax.

Montreal has shown it does not do that.

What is this? A expansion club? A small market team? Eat the losses for 2 or 3 seasons, come back even stronger.

The last thing, especially the fans, should be thinking about are how many asses are in seats.

Back