• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Habs 1/25 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes make their only trip to Montreal for the last game before the All Star break.

The Habs find themselves on the outside looking in to the playoff race. With 46 points in 48 games, they're 5th in the Atlantic and 13th in the conference. They're 12-9-5 at home and are coming off a win over the Avs on Tuesday that broke their 10 game winning streak. Brendan Gallagher leads with 17 goals, Jonathan Drouin has 18 assists but is -19. Jeff Petry is 2nd worst in the league at -23, Alex Galchenyuk is -21, tied with Skinner for 5th worst. Carey Price has un-Carey Price like numbers this year at 2.93/.908. Their PP is 19th at home at 18.7%, their PK is 4th at home at 87.7%.

The Canes come in losers of their last 2 and 6 of their last 8. They're 5 points behind Pittsburgh for the last wild card spot and 6 behind Philly for 3rd in the division. But the Rangers and Isles are also ahead of them so even with that small a margin, they're last in the division. Aho skated before practice yesterday, he'll be evaluated today and might practice with the team. Morning skate at 11:30 so we'll see the lineup then.

Fox Sports Southeast for TV.

These are two not very good teams limping their way into the All Star break well below where they hoped to be at this point. Of course in Raleigh that means head scratching and the odd critical column in the newspaper while in Montreal it's more like the sun has exploded and the world will soon stop revolving. A tale of two media markets if you will.

And personally, I'm out until after the break. I'll check that game recap thingie on the team app if they win, but otherwise I'm burned out on this team for now.

Here coms a team, having a bad season. A game where you can win big, and hopefully swing some good momentum in your favor after the clean slate of the AS break. A game you should win. A game you need to win.

Both teams probably saying this today....

Back