• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Senators 1/30 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes kick off a busy stretch with a game against the Senators.

Tonight starts an 8 game homestand and 14 games over the next 25 days, with 11 of them at home. Only 3 of the 8 are against teams currently in the playoffs. The Canes are coming off a 6-5 win over the Habs before the All-star break. Aho took a full practice yesterday and has been "upgraded" to day-to-day. He still needs medical clearance but may play tonight. We'll get the full lineup at the morning skate at 10:30

The Senators currently sit 15th in the conference, 2 points ahead of Buffalo. Mark Stone leads with 18 goals, 26 assists and is +10, 1 of only 3 Sens better than even. Craig Anderson has started 33 of 47 games and carries a 3.20 GAA and .901 Save %. Erik Karlsson is tied for 2nd worst +/- int the league at -24. Zack Smith isn't far behind at -22. Not surprising with the Sens 30th in the league in goals against per game, allowing an average of 3.43 per game. Their PP is 28th on the road at 13.6%, the PK is 10th on the road at 82%.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

The lines at the morning skate:

Aho/Staal/Lindholm
Teravainen/Rask/Williams
Skinner/Ryan/Stempniak
Nordstrom/Kruger/McGinn

Slavin/Pesce
Fleury/Faulk
Hanifin/TVR

Ward in goal.

Skinner/Ryan/Stempniak

Not how you make the best use of your best hands guy.

Oh, hello choir.

I've always taken this alignment to be an acknowledgement that Skinner is a black hole with the puck (unless below the red line).

So placed on a line of his own with two players whose sole job is to get him the puck and pick up the garbage when he self-destructs going one-on-three.

Skinner/Ryan/Stempniak

Not how you make the best use of your best hands guy.

Oh, hello choir.

Yeah, fair enough. Last year Peters got decent mileage out of that line with Rask centering those two. Ryan's played OK for us, but Rask has been a black hole most of the year ... so ... that's what passes for a line around here. Without any playmakers or space centers at center and with Skinner never really clicking with Staal ... yeah. Our roster sucks.

Honestly I'm more concerned with the "second" line of Rask centering Williams and Teravainen. That line just SCREAMS ... "here's three guys."

Dundon has decided to pack the lower level seats, or try to. Everyone is invited to sit in lower level tonight. All over Twitter.

Dundon has decided to pack the lower level seats, or try to. Everyone is invited to sit in lower level tonight. All over Twitter.

Be careful getting too close to your neighbor in the lower level, it's flu season and it's a bad one!

:lipsrsealed2:

I'll be there Thursday vs the Habs to see whatever TD's got in mind for that game; tonight I think I'll be glad I'm not there for the fun... @DPAC, 4th row house right, for Les Mis tonight.

Just got the email from the big guy, subject "Home Ice Advantage Starts Tonight!":

As we kick off an important stretch of home games at PNC Arena, we’re continuing to work towards giving our team the best possible home ice advantage in the NHL.

We are excited to announce, for tonight’s game, we will be moving all fans in attendance closer to the ice and down to the lower level of PNC Arena. This will give our players and fans the loudest, and strongest atmosphere as we hit the ice to take on Ottawa!

STMs holding tickets in the upper level will receive their lower level tickets after entering the arena — continue to use your regular tickets for entry. Re-located seats will be available in groups so you can still sit with the friends in your section!

I look forward to seeing you tonight, and GO CANES!

Tom

Ok...so that sort of starts to explain how they pull this off. And if you are not a STM......?

What do the section 328ers have to say about this? I kind of sense their seats are a badge of honor for them.

Ok...so that sort of starts to explain how they pull this off. And if you are not a STM......?

What do the section 328ers have to say about this? I kind of sense their seats are a badge of honor for them.

It was an STM-addressed email, so that's probably why he specifically mentioned that. Since in the paragraph above he says "moving all fans in attendance", it's probably the same process for everyone.

Last I saw on Twitter they had shifted their strategy of negotiating which lower section would take them en masse to lobbying for the owner's suite instead.

I'm in Section 328 but I haven't heard anything about where they're moving us. I'll be carrying 4 other people tonight that sit in that section (inluding one of my STM comp tickets), so it should be interesting.

There have been a few NCSU BB games with small crowds around Christmas where they moved fans down from 3rd level to 1st level, it happened to me. They came up to our seats and gave us tickets for the lower level.

Anyone going out with anything that resembles flu like symptoms should be tarred and feathered.

I'm stuck in with the flu - so much for flu shots - and I ain't going nowhere 'cept to my oversized chair in front of th' telly! I haven't had this in years! But this one just won't let go!

Good for you on staying put. Too many people feel the world can't operate without them, and insist on getting everyone else sick.

Back