• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #50 | Habs @ Blues | Jan 30th 2018 @ 20:00

Re: GDT: Game #50 | Habs @ Blues| Jan 30th 2018 @ 20:00

Not sure that happens this time. I think we could bounce back to a bubble team but they would need to do a lot of work to replace markov/radulov

We didn't have Radulov before, and Markov had two injuries that kept him out 2 years, but Habs were still top of their division, or close

All this because Price kept us relevant.....if Price plays like a top 3 goalie (he hopefully should), then I could see us comfortably in a playoff spot next season.

We suck this year because Price is not masking our mistakes.....it's not Price's fault, but it's management's fault for building such a team in front of Price

We didn't have Radulov before, and Markov had two injuries that kept him out 2 years, but Habs were still top of their division, or close

All this because Price kept us relevant.....if Price plays like a top 3 goalie (he hopefully should), then I could see us comfortably in a playoff spot next season.

We suck this year because Price is not masking our mistakes.....it's not Price's fault, but it's management's fault for building such a team in front of Price

The last few times we missed the playoffs.

Before the lockout we were mostly unlucky. We had a decent GF/GA but lost a lot of 1 goal games so that was going to correct itself and it did the lockout short season.
Price was not actually great that year IIRC he faded hard at the end of the season. We had a decent team though with Subban breaking out, Max being a playmaker (seriously he had the second more assists on the team). Pleks was still good. Gallagher was good, etc.

The next time we missed it was largely due to Price being hurt. A healthy Price with the addition of Radulov (replacing pleks) and Weber replacing Subban was enough.

This year injuries, Price sucking, Max sucking. Next year I am just not sure Price being good lets say .925 does anything other than get us close to the playoffs.
Assuming it is the same team you expect Max to be back to his normal self and for Weber to be healthy but you still do not have a number 2 Dman, I would not expect Gallagher to keep it up. We still have no centres. etc

This is the worst team Price has had in front of him. It won't be much better next year either. Weber will be older and likely continue to be an injury threat. Maybe Mete will be OK, but the rest of the defense is horrible. We are 3 or 4 players away from being competitive. We need both forwards and d-men. This team is in rough shape. It's going to be a process.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the people that figured we would be OK this year are the same people that believe we will be OK next season.

There is a lot of heart over brain happening here with fans. I understand it though. It's hard to accept.

Last edited:

They won't. No way the union agrees to that.
The union didn't want a salary cap either but they're stuck with one now. The league knows that the union is a paper tiger.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

This is the worst team Price has had in front of him. It won't be much better next year either. Weber will be older and likely continue to be an injury threat. Maybe Mete will be OK, but the rest of the defense is horrible. We are 3 or 4 players away from being competitive. We need both forwards and d-men. This team is in rough shape. It's going to be a process.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the people that figured we would be OK this year are the same people that believe we will be OK next season.

There is a lot of heart over brain happening here with fans. I understand it though. It's hard to accept.

Haha, yup

The last few times we missed the playoffs.

Before the lockout we were mostly unlucky. We had a decent GF/GA but lost a lot of 1 goal games so that was going to correct itself and it did the lockout short season.
Price was not actually great that year IIRC he faded hard at the end of the season. We had a decent team though with Subban breaking out, Max being a playmaker (seriously he had the second more assists on the team). Pleks was still good. Gallagher was good, etc.

The next time we missed it was largely due to Price being hurt. A healthy Price with the addition of Radulov (replacing pleks) and Weber replacing Subban was enough.

This year injuries, Price sucking, Max sucking. Next year I am just not sure Price being good lets say .925 does anything other than get us close to the playoffs.
Assuming it is the same team you expect Max to be back to his normal self and for Weber to be healthy but you still do not have a number 2 Dman, I would not expect Gallagher to keep it up. We still have no centres. etc

Only quibble is that Gallagher only joined the team after the 2nd Bettmanian imposed lockout.

The union didn't want a salary cap either but they're stuck with one now. The league knows that the union is a paper tiger.

hockey players have balls on the ice but not off the ice re these negotiations. I am not sure what is a bigger rat/house union, the NFLPA or the NHLPA.

MLBPA never takes shit and there is no salary cap.

NBAPA has a cap but at least there is the luxury tax so if want to spend more you can, and you can go over for your star players.

Hope non-guaranteed contracts seep in next lockout.

Nah. I don't see the premise for a lockout. Players and owners have figured out how to split the revenue pie.

Hope non-guaranteed contracts seep in next lockout.

Not a chance , the fight will be about getting term in the 4-5 year range and limits to the moronic NT clauses.

That's all this league needs to do so teams can manage their rosters.

Nah. I don't see the premise for a lockout. Players and owners have figured out how to split the revenue pie.

When was the last time that the CBA was up and that the NHL didn't go into lockout? That was pre-Bettman.

When was the last time that the CBA was up and that the NHL didn't go into lockout? That was pre-Bettman.
Yup - NHL owners only want one thing...complete destruction of players union like NFL.

Yup - NHL owners only want one thing...complete destruction of players union like NFL.
And I hope that they get it because I'm tired of every discussion about trades, signings and players in general constantly being framed around how much money and term it costs and whether or not this team or that team is on so-and-so's no trade list. From a fans point of view all I want is for players to do what they're told, when they're told and how they're told. I'm not dependent on them for my financial livelihood so I don't care how much or how little they get paid, whether they like the city they play in or don't, or what happens to them once they can't play anymore. Not my problem. I just need them to do their damn jobs and STFU. Hockey was more entertaining and the fans better served back when the players had no power.

And I hope that they get it because I'm tired of every discussion about trades, signings and players in general constantly being framed around how much money and term it costs and whether or not this team or that team is on so-and-so's no trade list. From a fans point of view all I want is for players to do what they're told, when they're told and how they're told. I'm not dependent on them for my financial livelihood so I don't care how much or how little they get paid, whether they like the city they play in or don't, or what happens to them once they can't play anymore. Not my problem. I just need them to do their damn jobs and STFU. Hockey was more entertaining and the fans better served back when the players had no power.

b5d8090bbb589dab93c665aaee09171d.jpg

Blame the owners for instilling a salary cap.

Not sure that happens this time. I think we could bounce back to a bubble team but they would need to do a lot of work to replace markov/radulov

Bounce back ......this team is a clustrfk disaster bordering on AHL status .

Finding 2 c`s , a scoring winger and 3-4 capable D is far more than alot of work , its major surgery.

small sample size and recency bias at work here :smilewinkgrin:

Back