• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Another GDT: Canes v. Red Wings 2/2 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Didn't we just see these guys? Canes won in Detroit on the first game back from the bye.

Last night's win over the Habs (who suck, just sayin') moved the Canes into a tie on points with the Flyers for the last playoff spot. Flyers have the ROW tiebreaker 24-21. It was an optional skate this morning with Alves in the starter's crease, so it looks like Ward goes on the back to back tonight and Darling on Sunday in a cross confernce game.

The Wings are 8 points behind the Canes in the standings. The beat the Sharks on Wednesday 2-1 in a 7 round shootout.

It's a Homegrown game tonight. The food special is buttermilk fried chicken served with sweet cornbread for $12 at section 109. The dessert special is 'nana pudding, with vanilla wafers and meringue, $8 at section 111. Beer by the Applachian Brewery/Bold Rock Cider cart at section 101. Flights are $12. If you haven't tried the IPA cider, i highly recommend it. Hank, Pattie & The Current, described as "soulful bluegrass" provide the musical entertainment.

Special Friday game time tonight, it's 7:00 instead of the usual 7:30. Doors open at 5:30. Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Team's playing well against teams they need to beat and lower bowl should be rockin'; ticket partner has tonight's game so I used 2 of my Dundonvouchers to pick up seats in 106 so I can be there again tonight....probably in Whalers blue again lol. #Redvolution

mmmmm, Fried chicken and Nanner Puddin'

Smart move IMO sticking with Ward for one more and then going back to Darling Sunday.

Smart move IMO sticking with Ward for one more and then going back to Darling Sunday.

I usually am not a big fan of Wild Bill's decisions, but I have to agree with this one tonight in goal. Ride Ward coming off of the momentum of two solid starts this week at home, Darling Sunday makes more sense then tonight!

Biggest obstacle tonight might be the legs and fatigue for the Canes, hopefully a full house will spur them on!

Not sure Cam can pull off two games in two nights with the quality of last night. As much as I hate to admit, it seems better to start Darling in the non conference game to give Ward a break. Wow!

Suddenly looks like Skinner has decided to win here. His improved defensive and offensive play was noticeable last night. The whole team looked hungry too. It looks like minutes were evenly spaced for most of the line-up last night so maybe tonight they will be just as hungry to win.

Heard Bill say that the goalie decision would be made at an 11:30 meeting this morning so thought the optional skate might be just Darling getting some shots for tonight if it was him.

Also, read some good method in the madness regarding Lindholm on the fourth since he provides a strong second faceoff man on a line that sees an awful lot of defensive starts. Plus he's on both special team units so is getting top six ice time.

And, if there's to be any offense out of that line then he is pretty much it. So...don't pass, shoot.

Darlings been ok. not great but good enough to win in general. The play of the Forwards and D has been putrid. they've been slow and lethargic all game and are getting outplayed by this Red Wings team.

Wings Torch the Hurricanes some might blame Darling but with the skating of the Canes tonight it's on the team.

Agree. Way too much space down the middle tonight. And I think the Detroit fans are quickly approaching the gnarliness of the buffaholes. Holy cow what a drunk obnoxious crowd around me.
Wings Torch the Hurricanes some might blame Darling but with the skating of the Canes tonight it's on the team.

I had no issue with any of the Wings fans around me. While it was far from a strong team effort, I have plenty of issues with Darling. He looked solid and steady for the first half of the game, but once he gave up that second goal he looked like he lost his confidence all over again. It’s rare to see a goalie with such size not use it to his advantage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Detroit was faster and more aggressive. But so are playoff bound teams. If you’re not scoring, you’re not winning.

I had no issue with any of the Wings fans around me. While it was far from a strong team effort, I have plenty of issues with Darling. He looked solid and steady for the first half of the game, but once he gave up that second goal he looked like he lost his confidence all over again. It’s rare to see a goalie with such size not use it to his advantage.

His body language after goals is something akin to abject misery or suicidal tendencies And I don’t mean the band, which was a good show.

When you let shooters get in all the way to the dots before they release there is no reaction time scientifically available.

Puck is there before even goalie level reaction time (~0.15 seconds), much less movement time. It's only 20 feet away at that point.

So all you can do is place the glove above the pad and make them hit top corner. Both Nyquist and Helms did.

What the hell? Beat the Habs then play like them?

You have all said it here I’m sure throughout many games...

No you are not Darling... you are a Disaster.

Cam for the rest of the season unless he is half dead... then he can play half of each game and hope Darling can get his act together for the other half.

Cheers,
Raymond

Back