• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Flyers 2/6 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The homestand continues with a 4 point game.

Despite 2 dismal performances over the weekend, the Canes are still in the playoff hunt. They trail the Flyers by 1 point and the Isles and Jackets by 2. A win will see them jump over the Flyers but remain out of the playoffs on the tiebreaker with the Isles. And hot off the presses, here are the deck chairs on the Titanic...I mean the lines from the morning skate:

Aho/Staal/Teravainen
McGinn/Rask/Williams
Skinner/Lindholm/PDG
Nordstrom/Ryan/Stempniak

Slavin/Pesce
Dahlbeck/Faulk
Hanifin/TVR

Ward starts in goal. So the big changes are PDG and Dahlbeck are in, Kruger and Fleury are out. And Lindholm moves to 3C. Whoop-de-damn-doo.

The Flyers are 5-4-1 in their last 10 and are coming of an OT loss to Ottawa. Sean Couturier has 27 goals, tied for 3rd in the league. Jakob Voraceck leads the league in assists with 51, Claude Giroux has 43 assists, tied for 5th. Brian Elliott has started 37 games and carries a 2.77/.908 stat line. The Flyers have the 3rd best road PP at 24.4%, their road PK is 25th at 75.9%

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV. The Might Forslund is working for NBC tonight, so Jason Shaya from the Checkers will be with Tripp.

At least the guys on the 4th line are slotted appropriately. :)

Don't we have a center in Charlotte to take Rask's place?

What happens if they play flat tonight? Or play hard, but have those mental breakdowns (or goalie breakdowns) that turn a close game into an uphill battle? Will that bring change or just more deck shuffling?

Hoping to see some semblance of "give a crap" tonight. Sunday was a pretty low point for this squad.

Should have done the bag skate right after the game was finished on Sunday. Like Herb Brooks did after an exhibition game. "If you guys don't want to skate during the game, we will skate right now". Again ...

Well, it looks like RF didn't pay any attention to BP. Wonder how their relationship is going so far...? I would presume they have talked...? Looks like the same ol', same ol'

Going to tonight's game feels more like an obligation than something I paid (a lot of) money to do for fun.

Ho Hum

Going to tonight's game feels more like an obligation than something I paid (a lot of) money to do for fun.

Ho Hum

Amen. As a STH, I'm approaching this game with a feeling of dread on this dreary afternoon - knowing that I've got 4 more of these games awaiting me. Sigh.

I'm not dreading it at all. I'm going to support my team and cheer them on against the dastardly Phillies and their carpetbagger fans who are too many here and who don't seem to show up at any other time: they're not hockey fans but just fans of the bullies. I have high hopes that the Good Guys will send them packing in pain and sorrow.

I'm not dreading it at all. I'm going to support my team and cheer them on against the dastardly Phillies and their carpetbagger fans who are too many here and who don't seem to show up at any other time: they're not hockey fans but just fans of the bullies. I have high hopes that the Good Guys will send them packing in pain and sorrow.

Dilly! Dilly! All the same, I'm glad I stepped down from a full season to 26 games this year.

What happens if they play flat tonight? Or play hard, but have those mental breakdowns (or goalie breakdowns) that turn a close game into an uphill battle? Will that bring change or just more deck shuffling?

At what point do you just laugh at it all and shake your head in disbelief? Personally, as a fan I want major change and I think until that happens this team is in fact the Titanic. Francis does not even comment anymore on anything regarding this team, at least do something of significance to show you give a damn.

My spouse was commenting this morning (as she has before) about the non-presence of Francis in the midst of all that is going on.

Not a comment, interview, statement, or even seemingly a photo-op, like hanging with the new owner.

Seems like he ought to be trading a bit more on his popularity with the fanbase...while he still has it.

Lindholm at center is intriguing. Skinner needs a spark in the worst way.

I see Cam making big save after big save but not much else to be honest. If this effort after 2 periods is pure desperation and the best they have, then I must admit it looks like they have quit on their coach. Let’s see what the third period brings but this is still not good enough.

Last edited:
Back