Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kruger and Jooris on Waivers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kruger and Jooris on Waivers

Its going to be an extreme disappointment to many fans tonight (including me) if Zykov or Foegele or Saarela are not in the lineup tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

I expect Brown to be the call up. Status quo.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmaleski2 View Post
    Its going to be an extreme disappointment to many fans tonight (including me) if Zykov or Foegele or Saarela are not in the lineup tonight.
    Kruger and Jooris didn't practice yesterday so that might be an indicator that they're headed south on I-85 if they clear. But you're right, if we don't get word after 12 that reinforcements are headed north, I'll be pissed. Not disappointed. Pissed.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be making room for another move - not necessarily someone coming up from Charlotte.

Post Thanks / Like

Did Dundon replace Francis overnight? If not a trade would absolutely floor me.

Post Thanks / Like

Canes are at 49 contracts...Ronnie will need to potentially navigate that when making trades.

Post Thanks / Like

Two-for-one specials.

Take my prospect...please.
    Here we are now...entertain us.

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

the checkers website has the 2 guys being waived as the lead story. Which makes you think they are headed that way.

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone watch the Larry David show on HBO? If so, there was an episode this year on "foisting". That pretty much sums up the Kruger situation. He was foisted to by Chicago to Vegas, Vegas to Carolina, and now the Canes are stuck with him and his contract.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Not surprisingly they cleared. And they are southbound and down.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...te/c-295782348

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I mean ... fine. And I guess they're going to muddle through tonight without any reinforcements from the Cherkers. Because they've had plenty of time to announce something and you'd want the guys on the road by now if you were bringing anybody to Raleigh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbear View Post
    I mean ... fine. And I guess they're going to muddle through tonight without any reinforcements from the Cherkers. Because they've had plenty of time to announce something and you'd want the guys on the road by now if you were bringing anybody to Raleigh.
    We still have Phil the Thrill...wrong Phil sadly, and I'm sure you could always dress 7D with Kaptain Klas and Handy Haydn providing that offensive spark...giggle.

For whatever reason, Francis seems to think he's doing the right thing here and letting his boatload of prospects "develop", but in reality he seems to be sending the message to those guys busting their arse in Charlotte that they have not earned an NHL call-up. One guy (Zykov) leads the AHL in goals and another (Foegele) has had a great year and kills penalties too and is by all accounts defensively responsible in his own end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaPen View Post
    Anyone watch the Larry David show on HBO? If so, there was an episode this year on "foisting". That pretty much sums up the Kruger situation. He was foisted to by Chicago to Vegas, Vegas to Carolina, and now the Canes are stuck with him and his contract.
    I'm sure with Kruger, Francis saw the affordable "real money" owed this year with the Hawks paying the big bonus that he had a real bargain, shutdown center on his hands. In reality, he now has a player set to be paid $2.3 million next year and 30 other teams that said no thanks on waivers. By all accounts, Lukas Wallmark is a cheaper, younger, version of many of the same things that Kruger does well with more offensive upside.
    Last edited by CanadaCanes; 02-09-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaCanes View Post
    I'm sure with Kruger, Francis saw the affordable "real money" owed this year with the Hawks paying the big bonus that he had a real bargain, shutdown center on his hands. In reality, he now has a player set to be paid $2.3 million next year and 30 other teams that said no thanks on waivers. By all accounts, Lukas Wallmark is a cheaper, younger, version of many of the same things that Kruger does well with more offensive upside.
    and Lindholm would not have had to use the dreaded #28-- nothing good is associated with that number.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Right there is the solution. Can he go back to 16?
    Shape Up or Ship Out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12