• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

This was the first time all season I didn't watch a single minute of the game (I usually PVR them if I am not home).

I have no interest watching this team until the rebuild starts.

Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers| Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

The very expensive coach. I regret not telling Molson that I think most logical Habs fans would prefer a longer term proper rebuild to a patchwork retool . . . but I missed my chance.

Whaaaat? You didn't get his digits?

The whole team never show up, is not prepared, etc, that's on the coach.

I think we both sniffed out Julien as crap a long time ago. The Bruins certainly don't miss him and his Stanley Cup ring.

I think we both sniffed out Julien as crap a long time ago. The Bruins certainly don't miss him and his Stanley Cup ring.

The ring was in 2011. Ancient history. I appears that Clode is long past his "best before" date.

The ring was in 2011. Ancient history. I appears that Clode is long past his "best before" date.

I thought you were pining for him...anyway, moving forward they better get the next regime change right (this summer or next). We're getting too old for this shit product.

I thought you were pining for him...anyway, moving forward they better get the next regime change right (this summer or next). We're getting too old for this shit product.

I was . . . but he was brutal in that playoff series last April against NYR. That was a real eye-opener.

You guys keep dreaming...Molson has stated numerous times he will always make sure Habs have a French speaking coach.

Which means either hire a recycled coach, or a newbie from Junior....nothing exciting

You guys keep dreaming...Molson has stated numerous times he will always make sure Habs have a French speaking coach.

Which means either hire a recycled coach, or a newbie from Junior....nothing exciting

who's dreaming? that's a luxury no Hab fan enjoys.

Vigneault could be available soon.

I don't mind Julien.

Probably cause I understood (based on the offseason we had) how poor the team was going to be his season.

I think some people had misguided expectations about this team this year - and it has impacted their opinion of the coach.

I’ve always been a big Julien backer but the games passed him by. I also don’t think it’s only Julien, looks to me like NCAA coaches have catapulted way ahead of Cdn junior coaches at the NHL level. NHL game is resembling the NCAA pure speed skill game vs Juniors slugfest.

If Jr has any brains he’ll zero in on Mtl’er Jim Montgomery (U of Denver head coach) - the right fit for the speed based game played now & moving forward. Just look at the players he’s developed in the NHL and about to join, and it’s he right time politically if such a move were to be made. At worst make him Assistant coach to Julien - Cpt Kirks time unfortunately seems done too.

Last edited:

As I posted above Montgomery’s an interesting case, a Mtler who preaches the high tempo offensive game, Habs fans (Franco, allo, and Anglo) all desire at present - the stars may have aligned for such a move

I don't mind Julien.

Probably cause I understood (based on the offseason we had) how poor the team was going to be his season.

I think some people had misguided expectations about this team this year - and it has impacted their opinion of the coach.

He was horrible in the playoffs last year . . . with a much better team than this one.

I’ve always been a big Julien backer but the games passed him by. I also don’t think it’s only Julien, looks to me like NCAA coaches have catapulted way ahead of Cdn junior coaches at the NHL level. NHL game is resembling the NCAA pure speed skill game vs Juniors slugfest.

If Jr has any brains he’ll zero in on Mtl’er Jim Montgomery (U of Denver head coach) - the right fit for the speed based game played now & moving forward. Just look at the players he’s developed in the NHL and about to join, and it’s he right time politically if such a move were to be made. At worst make him Assistant coach to Julien - Cpt Kirks time unfortunately seems done too.

I have some some hope after my brief encounter with him. But hope can be fleeting . . .

A lot of us did.....said it felt like he keep hiring Jacques Lemaire types

He was horrible in the playoffs last year . . . with a much better team than this one.
He was absolutely brutal last year. As of for this year, it's not just the results but the way the team has been playing. Not only is the strategy flawed, the players have vocally not buying into it, and the team has come out flat, unmotivated and uninspired too many games this year. Too many players underperforming. All those things points back to Clode.

Back