Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

  1. #41
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    This was the first time all season I didn't watch a single minute of the game (I usually PVR them if I am not home).

    I have no interest watching this team until the rebuild starts.

  2. #42
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    42,039
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers| Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    The very expensive coach. I regret not telling Molson that I think most logical Habs fans would prefer a longer term proper rebuild to a patchwork retool . . . but I missed my chance.
    Whaaaat? You didn't get his digits?
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  3. #43
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    42,039
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers| Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    The whole team never show up, is not prepared, etc, that's on the coach.
    I think we both sniffed out Julien as crap a long time ago. The Bruins certainly don't miss him and his Stanley Cup ring.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  4. #44
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers| Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    I think we both sniffed out Julien as crap a long time ago. The Bruins certainly don't miss him and his Stanley Cup ring.
    The ring was in 2011. Ancient history. I appears that Clode is long past his "best before" date.

  5. #45
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    42,039
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers| Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    The ring was in 2011. Ancient history. I appears that Clode is long past his "best before" date.
    I thought you were pining for him...anyway, moving forward they better get the next regime change right (this summer or next). We're getting too old for this shit product.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers| Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    I thought you were pining for him...anyway, moving forward they better get the next regime change right (this summer or next). We're getting too old for this shit product.
    I was . . . but he was brutal in that playoff series last April against NYR. That was a real eye-opener.

  7. #47
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    we need to file this in the watch what you wish for

    It appears Therrien >>> Dauterive
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  8. #48
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Both are recycled crap.

  9. #49
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    You guys keep dreaming...Molson has stated numerous times he will always make sure Habs have a French speaking coach.

    Which means either hire a recycled coach, or a newbie from Junior....nothing exciting
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  10. #50
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    42,039
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    You guys keep dreaming...Molson has stated numerous times he will always make sure Habs have a French speaking coach.

    Which means either hire a recycled coach, or a newbie from Junior....nothing exciting
    who's dreaming? that's a luxury no Hab fan enjoys.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  11. #51
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    31,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    You guys keep dreaming...Molson has stated numerous times he will always make sure Habs have a French speaking coach.

    Which means either hire a recycled coach, or a newbie from Junior....nothing exciting
    Vigneault could be available soon.

  12. #52
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    145,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    God no
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  13. #53
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    I don't mind Julien.

    Probably cause I understood (based on the offseason we had) how poor the team was going to be his season.

    I think some people had misguided expectations about this team this year - and it has impacted their opinion of the coach.

  14. #54
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    I thought you were pining for him...anyway, moving forward they better get the next regime change right (this summer or next). We're getting too old for this shit product.
    I’ve always been a big Julien backer but the games passed him by. I also don’t think it’s only Julien, looks to me like NCAA coaches have catapulted way ahead of Cdn junior coaches at the NHL level. NHL game is resembling the NCAA pure speed skill game vs Juniors slugfest.

    If Jr has any brains he’ll zero in on Mtl’er Jim Montgomery (U of Denver head coach) - the right fit for the speed based game played now & moving forward. Just look at the players he’s developed in the NHL and about to join, and it’s he right time politically if such a move were to be made. At worst make him Assistant coach to Julien - Cpt Kirks time unfortunately seems done too.
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; 02-10-2018 at 09:24 AM.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  15. #55
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    You guys keep dreaming...Molson has stated numerous times he will always make sure Habs have a French speaking coach.

    Which means either hire a recycled coach, or a newbie from Junior....nothing exciting
    As I posted above Montgomery’s an interesting case, a Mtler who preaches the high tempo offensive game, Habs fans (Franco, allo, and Anglo) all desire at present - the stars may have aligned for such a move


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  16. #56
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    I don't mind Julien.

    Probably cause I understood (based on the offseason we had) how poor the team was going to be his season.

    I think some people had misguided expectations about this team this year - and it has impacted their opinion of the coach.
    He was horrible in the playoffs last year . . . with a much better team than this one.

  17. #57
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    I’ve always been a big Julien backer but the games passed him by. I also don’t think it’s only Julien, looks to me like NCAA coaches have catapulted way ahead of Cdn junior coaches at the NHL level. NHL game is resembling the NCAA pure speed skill game vs Juniors slugfest.

    If Jr has any brains he’ll zero in on Mtl’er Jim Montgomery (U of Denver head coach) - the right fit for the speed based game played now & moving forward. Just look at the players he’s developed in the NHL and about to join, and it’s he right time politically if such a move were to be made. At worst make him Assistant coach to Julien - Cpt Kirks time unfortunately seems done too.
    I have some some hope after my brief encounter with him. But hope can be fleeting . . .

  18. #58
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers| Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    I think we both sniffed out Julien as crap a long time ago. The Bruins certainly don't miss him and his Stanley Cup ring.
    A lot of us did.....said it felt like he keep hiring Jacques Lemaire types
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  19. #59
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    42,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers | Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    He was horrible in the playoffs last year . . . with a much better team than this one.
    He was absolutely brutal last year. As of for this year, it's not just the results but the way the team has been playing. Not only is the strategy flawed, the players have vocally not buying into it, and the team has come out flat, unmotivated and uninspired too many games this year. Too many players underperforming. All those things points back to Clode.

  20. #60
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    42,824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: GDT: Game #54 | Habs @ Flyers| Feb 8th 2018 @ 19:00

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    A lot of us did.....said it felt like he keep hiring Jacques Lemaire types
    Many were happy to get anybody but Michel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •