• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Winter Olympics Thread

My son had a game so I missed the skate live but just watched. Not sure how the French could have been better technically.

Yep. This country doesn't send curlers to the Olympics to not win gold medals. Like hockey, curling is a sport that Canada can't win. They get gold and it's
"Thanks for doing your job." Don't win gold and it's a pathetic failure.
I mean, things happen. Maybe they lose a playoff game and only get silver or bronze. That would be a disappointment for sure. But to not even make the playoffs, and it not even really being that close? Awful.

Men’s ski cross was certainly interesting: Canadian Brad Leman won gold, the 2nd Canadian crashed in the final and finished 4th, the 3rd Canadian finished 8th, while the final Canadian racer was carried off on a stretcher with a suspected broken pelvis, after a nasty crash.

Last edited:
I mean, things happen. Maybe they lose a playoff game and only get silver or bronze. That would be a disappointment for sure. But to not even make the playoffs, and it not even really being that close? Awful.

Other countries have caught up too, especially Asian countries.

Back