• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Olympic Winter Games

It will be kind of funny when Germany beats us by one in the medal count when they get a medal in Men's hockey and we don't.

Our typical domination of hockey and curling sure wasn't there this Olympics. Cool to see us doing well in other events though.

think really we only have snowboarding big air left as legit medal chances

Probably a chance in the parallel GS snowboarding too. Maybe a chance in some of the mass start speed skating? Kripps seems like he has a shot in the 4-man bobsleigh too. But yeah, only a couple days of competition left, so not too many medal shots left.

If Germany wins gold in hockey does this become their Miracle on Ice moment where a new hockey power is born? Do kids start joining hockey in droves there? They've got the climate, economy, and population to be an absolute force some day.

bronze in hockey. big time missed opportunity with the loss against germany but they bounce back for a pretty dominant win vs the czechs. gotta hand it to the guys.
'

Guess can reuse this thread. Exited to see the best Canadian hockey team ever to play this time around!

Man you just tripped me up good. I'm looking at the comments and wondering when the games started and how did we lose to Germany and how are the games already in the gold medal game. I keep checking the Olympics website and go back and forth wondering what I'm missing.

Then noticed the dates on those posts.

Ps I'm also having a tough time caring about these games.

Back