• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT FEB 10: baby bro comes for a visit

Leafs keep up their winning ways - 7 wins in last 8 games.

It had been almost 10 years since a Leaf had 5 points (Kaberle in 2009).

Last edited:
Leafs keep up their winning ways - 7 wins in last 8 games.

It had been almost 10 years since a Leaf had 5 points (Kaberle in 2009).

And to think the Toronto media flipped its lid over the one loss in that span which was to the white hot Bruins.

Leafs have been playing damn good hockey for a while now and never seem to get the credit they deserve in the media, or by Babcock for that matter.

Babcock isn't impressed by regular season wins and it's his job not to be.

The media is a different story though

eh the leafs have been better but haven't been great despite the wins. the bruins and Preds dominated them pretty thoroughly.

nice to see us finally curbstomp a bottom feeder but enough is enough - monday night they better show up and look like a real team against the bolts.

Yup. Wasn't really impressed with last night. They've been getting crushed by the top teams pretty much all year. Time to change that. And in particular it's time for Matthews to put on his big boy pants against a top team for once.

That series of mulligans to Kadri at the side of the net is something I can’t recall seeing before.

Ottawa is atrocious.

I wouldn't worry too much if we struggle against the top teams. We're a young team having a good year and will certainly improve moving forward. We're little by little learning how to be an elite, championship calibre team.

Yup. Wasn't really impressed with last night. They've been getting crushed by the top teams pretty much all year. Time to change that. And in particular it's time for Matthews to put on his big boy pants against a top team for once.
Called draglikepull out on twiiter for this shit when he showed Matthews poor possession numbers against top teams. Did a side by side comparison of McDavid who also had poor possession numbers against top teams

Phenomenal talents but let's not lose sight of the fact they are still kids going up against some of the top talent in the league.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry too much if we struggle against the top teams. We're a young team having a good year and will certainly improve moving forward. We're little by little learning how to be an elite, championship calibre team.

losertalk, bro.

Called draglikepull out on twiiter for this shit when he showed Matthews poor possession numbers against top teams. Did a side by side comparison of McDavid who also had poor possession numbers against top teams

Phenomenal talents but let's not lose sight of the fact they are still kids going up against some of the top talent in the league.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

it's a bit depressing that all these new skool good analytics guys still resort to such coxian and simmonsian tactics sometimes.

losertalk, bro.
I know you want them to win now bro, thats understandable. I do too. But being great at something usually takes time. It's usually something learned step-by-step. You work your way up. If you are too ambitious/hasty you might be setting yourself up for discouragement and despair. Babs has talked in the past about pain, patience, and learning how to win. Little by little is a wise approach, IMHO. Of course, it would be great if we learn quickly.

Putting Kapanen up on the first line in place of Hyman would likely help with the tough match ups.

Back