• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018

The pressure is now seriously on Bergevin. That return for Nash should pale in comparison to the return for Pacioretty who is:

-4yrs younger
-More productive
-Less Expensive
-Has an additional year on his contract

Anything less is another failure.

If Bergevin doesn't do much it may be because he his hands are tied from upstairs. If that is the case he's a goner. I'd be fine with that. No moves and Bergevin gone.

I'm ok not trading Max until the draft.

I'm ok with not trading him at all. Of all he pieces to trade, he has the most to offer on a rebuild. More than Price,by far.Like Max or not, any pieces we pick up are unlikely to ever be as good a player as he is. Playoffs aside, I'm still a fan. These guys don't grow on trees.

If Bergevin doesn't do much it may be because he his hands are tied from upstairs. If that is the case he's a goner. I'd be fine with that. No moves and Bergevin gone.

Agreed. Still maddening that there is an opportunity to cash in now and the captain of the ship is a drunk.

Max’s return should be predicated on receiving a “potential” #1 pivot at the very least...Borgstrom, Thomas, Vilardi etc.

From The Athletic:

Dom Luszczyszyn:
Acquiring Rick Nash and including Ryan Spooner actually dropped Boston’s projected wins by 0.16 according to my model...

Maybe not... According to TSN's Bob McKenzie, Boston will retain $1.9 million of Belesky's $3.8 million cap hit in the deal to New York.

What a bad trade.

Jeff Hamilton
@jeffkhamilton
Feeling more than a rumour at this point. Multiple sources tell me #NHLJets are pushing for C Tomas Plekanec, who is scratched for Habs tonight. Word is plan to centre 3rd line w/ Laine and Ehlers, move Copp to 4th line with Lowry and Armia.
16:31 - 24 févr. 2018 · Winnipeg, Manitoba

FWIW

Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg
#Jets and #Habs are in strong negotiations regarding Plekanec. Jets first-round pick may be on the block as it was offered for Brassard, who used his NMC to nix the deal.
17:27 - 24 févr. 2018

That’s my first choice too. The org. needs a new energy.

Netting a late first for Plekanec would be great.

Do we honestly think MB can do anything? He needs to dump 4 players min. Max pleks Shaw alzner 27. All gone. We need to do a 2 or 3 year rebuild. I honestly would enjoy a Price trade because how good will he be in 3 years when we might be ready to compete again? Weber needs to go too but he's injured. I would actually trade everyone if we got picks and prospects and NHL ready guys. Even Drouin is over paid.

Back