• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018

I'd love to see Max traded early while teams have all their best prospects/picks still. It's time to clean house at this point, there's so much garbage to dump I don't know what MB is doing waiting.

Hes waiting for some team to make moves and then other teams in the vicinity to react to those moves.

Winnipeg gets Nash, maybe Nashville will overpay for pacioretty

Grind.gif

Hes waiting for some team to make moves and then other teams in the vicinity to react to those moves.

Winnipeg gets Nash, maybe Nashville will overpay for pacioretty

No team is giving you a young roster asset right now for Max , the summer may net you a first , young asset plus a prospect .

No team is giving you a young roster asset right now for Max , the summer may net you a first , young asset plus a prospect .

If a team wants Max, why wait for summer, when they can have him now to help in playoffs, plus help them all of next year

I fully expect Max-Chuckie-Drouin to start tearing it up after trade deadline, when all the stress is gone for them.

Go figure....it’ll screw-up our draft ranking

If a team wants Max, why wait for summer, when they can have him now to help in playoffs, plus help them all of next year
Cap has changed want vs need. Teams used to acquire what they wanted on deadline, now they settle for the cheapest asset that can help address need. Cheap acquisition cost being the guiding principle

With the league wide parity no team knows where they will be season to season, Max giving 2-playoffs has less meaning than assumed. Supply of LWs has outpaced demand this year unfortunately

Last edited:

You have maybe 4 teams interested in 2 years of playoffs with Kane, Nash, Maroon , etc....available at cheaper prices .

Why give up Robert Thomas or other solid prospects when I don't have to . Teams can ask for the moon now but when deadline is almost over and Nash and rentals are gone in the summer take what you can get and move on .

It's a solid draft teams are reluctant to part with first rounders unless the draft is deemed weak.

The summer gives 30 other teams a clean slate , caps are reset , you know your draft position and you can reshape your roster . Right now you are eliminating 25 teams from bidding , terrible time to move GQ.

You have maybe 4 teams interested in 2 years of playoffs with Kane, Nash, Maroon , etc....available at cheaper prices .

Why give up Robert Thomas or other solid prospects when I don't have to . Teams can ask for the moon now but when deadline is almost over and Nash and rentals are gone in the summer take what you can get and move on .

It's a solid draft teams are reluctant to part with first rounders unless the draft is deemed weak.

The summer gives 30 other teams a clean slate , caps are reset , you know your draft position and you can reshape your roster . Right now you are eliminating 25 teams from bidding , terrible time to move GQ.

Except by the time the summer comes, we'll sign a forward and then we'll also be buyers again. It's better to rip the band aid off now, which we won't do.

Cap has changed want vs need. Teams used to acquire what they wanted on deadline, now they settle for the cheapest asset that can help address need. Cheap acquisition cost being the guiding principle

With the league wide parity no team knows where they will be season to season, Max giving 2-playoffs has less meaning than assumed. Supply of LWs has outpaced demand this year unfortunately

Max’s cap hit barely impacts the cap...it’s equivalent to 3rd liners

Max’s cap hit barely impacts the cap...it’s equivalent to 3rd liners
Teams will prefer the lower price to pay for pure rentals like Nash, Kane, and even non rental Hoffman vs Max. If Pacioretty had a playoff pedigree above & beyond the rentals I could see a taker but they’re all within a +- sigma window.

Last edited:
Except by the time the summer comes, we'll sign a forward and then we'll also be buyers again. It's better to rip the band aid off now, which we won't do.

I don't see it this time in the summer , buying and bad selling got us to mediocrity .

No assets to buy other than cap space to spend on more slugs cause no top player is coming here.

The Capitals have acquired Michal Kempny from the Blackhawks for a 2018 conditional third-round pick.

Chris Johnston:
The Blackhawks will receive the higher of Caps 2018 third-round picks in Kempny deal: The one originally belonging to WASH or TOR. The Leafs 2018 third-rounder was originally transferred to Devils as compensation for hiring Lou Lamoriello. It was then moved to Washington in Marcus Johansson trade.

Last edited:
The Flyers have acquired Petr Mrazek from the Red Wings for a 2018 conditional fourth-round pick and a 2019 conditional third-round pick.

The Red Wings are retaining half of Mrazek's salary.

Back