• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018

and none of the forwards are centres anyway

Dmen seem to be the only thing the habs are good at anyway

I think the hope here has to be that we use our top six pick to likely draft a dman since that seems like the likely scenario and some how MB uses some creativity to get himself another mid round pick either by using some of those second rounders or as part of a max deal.

If he can get another mid first rounder he goes after a center like Veleno, Lundestrom or Hayton

I think the hope here has to be that we use our top six pick to likely draft a dman since that seems like the likely scenario and some how MB uses some creativity to get himself another mid round pick either by using some of those second rounders or as part of a max deal.

If he can get another mid first rounder he goes after a center like Veleno, Lundestrom or Hayton

ideally we get more picks and draft more players with skill
i do not think the habs are in a position to be trading up
but if we do please do not do it for a tinordi

Still don't get why Bergevin (allegedly) told other GMs that Shaw wasn't available at the deadline.

Credible guys like McKenzie/Dreger all said other teams inquired about getting Shaw.

Even for a 3rd rounder....cut your losses, trade that contract...

Still don't get why Bergevin (allegedly) told other GMs that Shaw wasn't available at the deadline.

Credible guys like McKenzie/Dreger all said other teams inquired about getting Shaw.

MB will not trade his acquisitions. It would be a sign of making a mistake. Which is fine. Just need to find someone else to trade away his acquisitions. But Molson wont do that.

MB will not trade his acquisitions. It would be a sign of making a mistake. Which is fine. Just need to find someone else to trade away his acquisitions. But Molson wont do that.

If you look at the standings, which I'm sure MB has, I think it's already been made clear that MB has made many mistakes, so I doubt it's that.

If you look at the standings, which I'm sure MB has, I think it's already been made clear that MB has made many mistakes, so I doubt it's that.

There are two ways to look at that.

One would be to realize that MB has made has made many mistakes.

Another would be everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, and that with a few tweaks, this team will be back to its winning ways.

Which do you think MB is going to go with?

I think they give Alzner another year to see....everyone sucked this year. But next year, if he's still the weak link on defense, they might buy him out in summer.

Still don't get why we gave Schlemko 3 years.....same for Shaw 6 years ?

Media has been very nice to Bergevin...if it were the Knicks/Yankees media...

There’s a difference between teams showing interest vs what they offer in exchange for that interest.

If Team X says - yeah we want Shaw but will only offer an equivalent cap hit + player in return is that a deal worth doing just for the sake of making a deal? Why would a team like the Jets take on all remaining long term cap impact without sending $ back especially given they will need all the cap space to sign their plethora of young assets in the coming years?

I think they give Alzner another year to see....everyone sucked this year. But next year, if he's still the weak link on defense, they might buy him out in summer.

hoping fro a bounce back?

problem with that is.... this is alzner - he is having a normal season

43.9% corsi - slightly above his career corsi (but up from his previous few seasons)
at his career average in o zone and d zone starts

he is just not good

Habs did not give Schlemko 3-more years, SJS did, which LV then acquired via expansion draft & shipped to Habs for a song & dance.

BTW if the Habs were Yankees or Knicks they would never need to sink so low as to acquire the Shaw's, Alzner's and Schlemko's of the world, they could pick the top end UFA or player available via trade to their liking at their price offering.

Last edited:
Habs did not give Schlemko 3-more years, SJS did, which LV then acquired via expansion draft & shipped to Habs for a song & dance.

BTW if the Habs were Yankees or Knicks they would never need to sink so low as to acquire the Shaw's, Alzner's and Schlemko's of the world, they could pick the top end UFA or player available via trade to their liking at their price offering.

him i could see bouncing back next year

but he should not be making $2m

You obviously don't follow basketball....Knicks have been irrelevant for decades....they have trouble attracting top players....Carmelo was the only one in recent years, and he regretted it the moment he stepped foot there. Only over-the-hill players go to Knicks....Amare, Rose, Chandler, Noah, etc

Back