• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018

Not a chance , we got schooled and taken behind the barn in the Drubust deal .

This was a good solid hockey trade for both teams . One was rebuilding , the other contending .

Rags were not getting this return in the summer . Potentially 2 first and 2 really good prospects for a 1 year D they werent going to sign .

Miller was on the trade block all year , they werent retaining him .

Friedman mentioned there was no deal without Hayjek , and Howden could step in next year .
Just to be clear, you would have been happy with that return, excluding the russian, for Max?

Just to be clear, you would have been happy with that return, excluding the russian, for Max?

The only thing that matters is the big picture. Will the Rangers be better in 3-4 years doing this or not? Holding onto Max, winning games, not trading him when we most likely won't resign him means JACK. You maximize your value on a return, and that's determined with what a buyer wants to pay and how good of a GM you are at negotiating a deal. Most people can look at our roster, look at our prospects, and know that you had to dump Max for the best offer at the trade deadline. You make it seem like we have this amazing package waiting for Max in the offseason, when who knows it could be even less then.

We sit here every god damn here criticising the team, the moves we make, the moves we didn't make. At the end of the day, we have a crappy team and crappy prospects. So, what we are doing is NOT working.

You know who sucks Donkey Balls? BERGEVIN!!!

How many of us, can make random trades and spend money that results in us having a crappy team and garbage prospects? It's almost as if doing the opposite of what MB is doing would make us a lot better.

I don't know if there is an amazing package waiting for us for Max in the offseason but by all accounts there was none available right now.

I guess we'll have to wait and see but I like what the Rangers have done overall even of I'm not the biggest fan of this specific deal.

Teams don’t want to shake up their rosters right now. In the summer they’ll be more willing. Bergevin wants roster players.

The only thing that matters is the big picture. Will the Rangers be better in 3-4 years doing this or not? Holding onto Max, winning games, not trading him when we most likely won't resign him means JACK. You maximize your value on a return, and that's determined with what a buyer wants to pay and how good of a GM you are at negotiating a deal. Most people can look at our roster, look at our prospects, and know that you had to dump Max for the best offer at the trade deadline. You make it seem like we have this amazing package waiting for Max in the offseason, when who knows it could be even less then.

We sit here every god damn here criticising the team, the moves we make, the moves we didn't make. At the end of the day, we have a crappy team and crappy prospects. So, what we are doing is NOT working.

Get an actual first line center for Drouin and a partner for Weber and this team will be 20 points better next season.

Get an actual first line center for Drouin and a partner for Weber and this team will be 20 points better next season.

We'll have cap space to sign a decent player. But we need more than 1 impact forward. This team isn't just 2 players away from being good.

Yes , if that's the best you can get . The Rushkie and Miller are a wash and RFA s.

Those 2 prospects would be immediately in our top 5 group . I can see Howden as a legit big 2 way #2C and the other D is coming into his own .

That's a much better return than the Schenn trade who is 4 years younger and 2 full years left on his deal and a comparable type player .

We have to take our blinders off , you weren't getting a home run deal with GQ boy at the deadline .

Les see what happens at the draft , but I still think you will be lucky to get what the Rags got for RM .

Exactly , I don't know how anyone can criticize what the Rangers have done . In 2 years they ripped apart a team whose window was over years ago and transformed it into top prospects , youth, cap space , and hope.

How is that worse than our bandaid BS fiasco when the inevitable roster disaster was upon us .

The Rangers are resetting for the future , we are settling for years of mediocrity.

Sure let's trade our depth of prospect riches for CMD and Hedman .

This is why the Drubust trade was never going to work . He was never a C and was never going to kick start our offence.

This was strictly a political trade to lick the balls of the French media and fan base over the PK trade.
Nero knew round 2 of the beating was coming when JD was traded elsewhere in the summer , his days were over in TB.

The hockey deal of it was secondary, hence a horrible trade where he is simply a fabric and extension of the offensive stench . An absolute disaster of a trade where I can get his production from clowns like Byron and Dano on waivers .

You dont make these trades based on ifs or buts with no depth in your ststem . We have no top C's , how was Drubust going to turn us around , what the fcuk was Nero thinking here.

Last edited:
Exactly , I don't know how anyone can criticize what the Rangers have done . In 2 years they ripped apart a team whose window was over years ago and transformed it into top prospects , youth, cap space , and hope.

How is that worse than our bandaid BS fiasco when the inevitable roster disaster was upon us .

The Rangers are resetting for the future , we are settling for years of mediocrity.

You're likely right. But there's nothing you or I can do about it.

According to the best posters on this board, the return the Rangers got for McDonagh and Miller is not very good so it might be a step backward.

Rebuild does not mean just jettisoning everyone although I know some here think it does.

but they did well with the UFAs they traded (Nash especially)

They got a hell of a return for McDonough , you weren't getting a better offer .

We couldn't get that for our puke captain if we tried on a video game .

2 very good prospects , a 50 point player and maybe 2 firsts .......what more do you want.

they also have up a 50 point player (that is younger)

if McD was a UFA that would be a good haul but late first rounders and late second rounders is not great imo

I don't know if there is an amazing package waiting for us for Max in the offseason but by all accounts there was none available right now.

I guess we'll have to wait and see but I like what the Rangers have done overall even of I'm not the biggest fan of this specific deal.

they exact way i feel

i can compare it to subban for webber
it is a decent deal if you HAVE to trade subban...but we didn't just like they did not HAVE to trade McD....yet

Back