• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018

One of the stats guys at The Athletic put out an article after the trade showing the Bruins got worse by swapping Spooner for Nash.

apparently

you seem to think nash is good or something

I don’t think he’s good anymore but I don’t think Spooner is that much better.

Stats are pretty similar at the moment but Nash is still scoring more so for a playoff run I’ll take Nash

Last edited:
For one playoff run I’ll take Nash over Spooner anyday

just so we are clear this is what you said

the bold part is what made my laugh

my guess is your confidence in that statement was based on name and not production

it is okay to admit you were unaware :)

they are pretty close IMO but spooner is playing better now

I guess my thought process is that I take a gamble on a 3 time 40 goal scorer finding new motivation and drive by being on a cup contender to discover a bit of that scoring touch and dominance he once had just for one playoff run

If he pulls just one dominant series out of his ass and goes back to just being a reliable depth guy in the next series you still come out a winner.

i don’t see any potential for dominance by Spooner

So yes I am banking on his past performance and taking a gamble he dips into that fountain of youth just enough to change a series

Last edited:
just so we are clear this is what you said

the bold part is what made my laugh

my guess is your confidence in that statement was based on name and not production

it is okay to admit you were unaware :)

Completely aware and still haven’t changed my statement.

Read above post

We’re talking pure rental player for one playoff run...gimme Nash over Spooner anyday

We’re talking long term signing of course I consider Spooner since he’s only 26 and a center

I guess my thought process is that I take a gamble on a 3 time 40 goal scorer finding new motivation and drive by being on a cup contender to discover a bit of that scoring touch and dominance he once had just for one playoff run

If he pulls just one dominant series out of his ass and goes back to just being a reliable depth guy in the next series you still come out a winner.

i don’t see any potential for dominance by Spooner

So yes I am banking on his past performance and taking a gamble he dips into that fountain of youth just enough to change a series

No one is taking Spooner over Nash in any playoff series. Spooner is what he is ....a streaky point producer but will never be a core player on any roster . B's had no interest in resigning him so the deal considering that division is up for grabs made sense even if he leaves in the summer.

Say what you want about Vanek, but the guy continues to produce. 8 point in 11 games with the Jackets. 20 goals and 49 points for the season.

Back