• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018

Amazing how New Jersey got a great winger for a dmen like Larsson....

Hall has already 60 points......Schenn doing great....all players we could have had for a reasonable price (reasonable enough for a team desperate for top 6 talent like the Habs).

Year after year this team shows how incompetent it is at roster management an player development, yet they still all have a job. In the meantime, we make trades for guys like Shaw....

I wonder how Eller is doing these days ?

Not to mention you don't sign a goalie with multiple knee injuries to the biggest contract in history....(I told you all that he needed to be traded years ago, but got bashed for it by almost everyone on this board)....glad i was right regarding the Dan Marino of goalies

Hall has already 60 points......Schenn doing great....all players we could have had for a reasonable price (reasonable enough for a team desperate for top 6 talent like the Habs).

Year after year this team shows how incompetent it is at roster management an player development, yet they still all have a job. In the meantime, we make trades for guys like Shaw....

Not to mention you don't sign a goalie with multiple knee injuries to the biggest contract in history....(I told you all that he needed to be traded years ago, but got bashed for it by almost everyone on this board)....glad i was right regarding the Dan Marino of goalies

Listen, we can sit back and say what we coulda/shoulda done. You can make yourself go crazy because nothing looks like it worked out because not only do we suck, we suck with no prospects which means we are in for a longer fix because management clearly has no clue wtf they are doing. Right now we can only look at the future, that means tanking, dumping vets for picks/ready nhlers, and building a new sustainable core with constant prospects in the pipeline being developed. Then adding complimentary good value free agents (opposite of signing guys like Alzner). Until we see the direction change, it is what it is, a money making business for Molson.

Listen, we can sit back and say what we coulda/shoulda done. You can make yourself go crazy because nothing looks like it worked out because not only do we suck, we suck with no prospects which means we are in for a longer fix because management clearly has no clue wtf they are doing. Right now we can only look at the future, that means tanking, dumping vets for picks/ready nhlers, and building a new sustainable core with constant prospects in the pipeline being developed. Then adding complimentary good value free agents (opposite of signing guys like Alzner). Until we see the direction change, it is what it is, a money making business for Molson.

The future is not good until we change management....

Chiarelli is just a horrible GM...he has made some of the worse trades in the last decade.

When was the last time the Habs ''cashed-in'' on a player before his expiration date ?

Just on top of my head, here are the players we lost for nothing (or bad returns) over the past decade:

Koivu
Kovalev
Souray
Markov
Komisarek
Theodore
Radulov
Tanguay
Cammalleri

I can go further and name Recchi, Damphousse, Turgeon, Roy, Chelios, McDonaugh......soon the Subban trade will look like a bad one also

I have no faith that we will get the Max/Pleks deals right.....we will probably let both of them walk for nothing....

Frank Seravalli:
Sounds like Leafs and Stars among teams who have inquired with Red Wings on C Luke Glendening. He would be a nice fit for TOR, played for Babcock in DET, but Wings aren't going to give him away.

The future is not good until we change management....
In the last 38-years the org has changed management 7-times and head coaches 17-times and have two Cups reliant on seismic upsets of heavy favorites.

It’s not simply a matter of changing management it’s about draining the Quebec swamp...

And Bergevin is just as bad since he offered Lucic more money than Chiarelli did

MB has been bad when it comes to big time trades but Chiarelli is in a class of his own, the Seguin trade Alone is just a complete case of robbery.

What GM gives up a winger like Taylor Hall for a #3 dman?

MB has been bad when it comes to big time trades but Chiarelli is in a class of his own, the Seguin trade Alone is just a complete case of robbery.

What GM gives up a winger like Taylor Hall for a #3 dman?

Seggy was a Jacobs/Neely move not Baldy

When was the last time the Habs ''cashed-in'' on a player before his expiration date ?

Just on top of my head, here are the players we lost for nothing (or bad returns) over the past decade:

Koivu
Kovalev
Souray
Markov
Komisarek
Theodore
Radulov
Tanguay
Cammalleri

I can go further and name Recchi, Damphousse, Turgeon, Roy, Chelios, McDonaugh......soon the Subban trade will look like a bad one also

I have no faith that we will get the Max/Pleks deals right.....we will probably let both of them walk for nothing....

Bingo and when you combine that with a near decade of draft/development blunders ......this is what you get .

Back