Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 151

Thread: Trade Deadline 2018

  1. #21
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything more than a first round pick and slightly above average prospect for Max.
    Yeah, get a kessel return for him and call it a day.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  2. #22
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    66,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Seguin and Hamilton? sweet
    ...

  3. #23
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    51,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Yeah, get a kessel return for him and call it a day.
    It’s very likely Max doesn’t go anywhere

    MB doesn’t have to trade him and can brng him back next year at a great cap hit.

    I’m afraid with more affordable scoring winger options like Kane, Nash, Hoffman, Maroon, Vanek and more Mb may not get the offer most of you are expecting or he’s expecting for that matter.

    This may not be as interesting a deadline for Hab fans as some hope
    Go Habs Go!

  4. #24
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    63,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    Seguin and Hamilton? sweet
    I see what you did there
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  5. #25
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    63,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    It’s very likely Max doesn’t go anywhere

    MB doesn’t have to trade him and can brng him back next year at a great cap hit.

    I’m afraid with more affordable scoring winger options like Kane, Nash, Hoffman, Maroon, Vanek and more Mb may not get the offer most of you are expecting or he’s expecting for that matter.

    This may not be as interesting a deadline for Hab fans as some hope
    I stopped getting excited over trade deadlines and July 1 a long time ago. When our GM pulls a Kovalev or Vanek out of his ass, then I am happy but I expect nothing.

    Hell I would even be somewhat surprised if he traded Plekanec as I have read that there are talks ongoing to re-sign him.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  6. #26
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    51,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    I stopped getting excited over trade deadlines and July 1 a long time ago. When our GM pulls a Kovalev or Vanek out of his ass, then I am happy but I expect nothing.

    Hell I would even be somewhat surprised if he traded Plekanec as I have read that there are talks ongoing to re-sign him.
    My most disappointing deadline was the year we were apparently close to getting Hossa and the Pens moved in at the last second
    Go Habs Go!

  7. #27
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    I have a feeling the Bruins will do something big
    Max for McEvoy

    Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

  8. #28
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    51,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou View Post
    Max for McEvoy

    Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    I have a feeling they will get something done with the Rangers.
    Go Habs Go!

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    It’s very likely Max doesn’t go anywhere

    MB doesn’t have to trade him and can brng him back next year at a great cap hit.

    I’m afraid with more affordable scoring winger options like Kane, Nash, Hoffman, Maroon, Vanek and more Mb may not get the offer most of you are expecting or he’s expecting for that matter.

    This may not be as interesting a deadline for Hab fans as some hope
    Max is a summer deal with more suitors once caps are reset and rosters need adjustments.

    I want a dozen teams that are interested not 3 that make sense come deadline day .

    Deadline is the time to move rentals and depth players .

  10. #30
    1st Liner
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,911
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    Max is a summer deal with more suitors once caps are reset and rosters need adjustments.

    I want a dozen teams that are interested not 3 that make sense come deadline day .

    Deadline is the time to move rentals and depth players .
    I feel he is more a play now with his low cap hit vs his quality, many teams would want that advantage.

  11. #31
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    51,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by tazsub3 View Post
    I feel he is more a play now with his low cap hit vs his quality, many teams would want that advantage.
    Also, the team that gets him now gets him for the remainder of the season and a playoff run and next year.
    Go Habs Go!

  12. #32
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    66,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Max will have more value now - 2 possible playoff runs - than in the summer, it's beyond obvious.

  13. #33
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    31,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    Max will have more value now - 2 possible playoff runs - than in the summer, it's beyond obvious.
    It would be normally, but there are a crap load of left wingers available.

  14. #34
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    51,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    Max will have more value now - 2 possible playoff runs - than in the summer, it's beyond obvious.
    Asking Price scenarios

    Calgary (Benett, Jankowski, 1st)
    LA (Kempe, Vilardi, 1st)
    Minny (Eriksson EK, Brodin, 2nd)
    Dallas (Faksa, Honka, 2nd)
    Go Habs Go!

  15. #35
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    66,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Asking Price scenarios

    Calgary (Benett, Jankowski, 1st)
    LA (Kempe, Vilardi, 1st)
    Minny (Eriksson EK, Brodin, 2nd)
    Dallas (Faksa, Honka, 2nd)
    Of course you can ask for those packages . . . but you'll never get them except maybe the Dallas one. The rest you can forget about in their entireties.

  16. #36
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    51,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    Of course you can ask for those packages . . . but you'll never get them except maybe the Dallas one. The rest you can forget about in their entireties.
    If you break this down the first name on each teams list is the NHL ready youngster MB needs to have.

    The other assets you can alter, I think the Minny scenario may be the most un realistic scenario as Brodin is quite a good asset.

    But the 2nd names (Jankowski, Vilardi, Honka) are not proven assets just yet.

    Hard to gauge what the return could be
    Go Habs Go!

  17. #37
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    63,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    DK, you are setting yourself up for major disappointment again. Don't do that to yourself.

    Do as I do, expect that Nero will sell no one and that this will be our team next year. Then if there are any changes, you can be pleasantly surprised.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  18. #38
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    51,727
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    DK, you are setting yourself up for major disappointment again. Don't do that to yourself.

    Do as I do, expect that Nero will sell no one and that this will be our team next year. Then if there are any changes, you can be pleasantly surprised.
    I have very little expectations, I only expect Pleks and maybe Benn to get dealt
    Go Habs Go!

  19. #39
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    118,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Three Habs-related notes from Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts:


  20. #40
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Trade Deadline 2018

    Pleks is like a bad rash that just won't go away. Management needs to cut the damned cord with him, already. They act as though there isn't another center in the NHL who can do what he does.
    They're a dime-a-freakin'-dozen!
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •