• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Call your deadline shot

1. They'll shuffle out some spare parts for a bit of depth down the middle and/or on the blueline.

2. zeke wrings hands until they fall off.

Don't see the need for a 4C. Moore has really picked up his play since getting new linemates.

Would be nice to have someone to pair with Rielly on the right side. The season grind of big minutes is starting to wear on Hanisey

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Two of leivo, Martin and sosh will be gone. Otherwise I can see them standing pat. Maybe a third pair lhd. Dermott has tailed off a bit defensively and I can see Babs wanting some insurance. Lebrun said they've kicked the tires on jack johnson so maybe someone like him. No worthwhile rhd are available despite that clearly being their target imo.

Roster wise they have to subtract before they can add. I'm sure they are trying to flip a depth forward for a dman. Beyond that I doubt they do anything, but I could see them taking a run at OEL/McDonagh. Those a probably offseason trades though.

Oh I'm just predicting that they will. It's not what I want. I don't put much stock in the Johnson rumor but would it surprise anyone if Babs preferred a good pro to be his third pair LHD in the playoffs?

He lives right, eats right, chooses the right spouse, bangs right, parties at night right, eats pussy right. He's just a solid all around pro.

More than any time in recent history, I don't really have any idea what the Leaf plan is going in to the trade deadline.

In an ideal world, I'd expect this would be their "wish list":

• A RHD that can slide in on the first or second pair, and push Carrick/Polak out of the lineup
  • A reliable, two-way 3rd line center that's an upgrade on Tyler Bozak
  • An upgrade on Dominic Moore for the 4th line (if you can't upgrade on Bozak & slide him down the lineup)

But I seriously doubt that any of those moves will be available to them at this year's deadline. Even for the 4th line center spot, unlike last year, we're not currently stuck rolling with either Ben Smith or Freddie Gauthier in that role. And there isn't an obvious upgrade on an expiring contract out there, like Boyle last year.

So, my prediction would be that they'll basically stand pat, and roll into the playoffs with what they've got.

Niklas Hjalmarsson & Brad Richardson from the Yotes.

Top 4 D who can plan on the right side, log 20+ mins a night, play significant PK time....and a fourth line center who is quality defensively, wins faceoffs, can log PK time, will be cheap.

As great as landing a OEL or stud would be....I think any moves we make will be pretty minor with a Hjalmarsson type acquisition being as big as we possibly go. Then unload both barrels to land Tavares in the summer.

I think we'll be buyers and sellers.

We'll sell off at least one of the forwards at the bottom of our roster, because we need to clear some contract space. I think they keep all of JVR, Komarov and Bozak for the playoffs, forgoing what would be at least a 1st round+ type package for JVR.

I think as far as a defenceman goes, Montana's is the best case scenario in reality. A useful depth player who really fills a need, but isn't a star and won't cost us Nylander or Marner to get.

We do need a big time impact dman. But with Boston and Tampa perhaps being more willing to sacrifice futures than we are at present, I'm not sure we could beat them out for McDonagh who is the only top dman known to be available. Karlsson and Doughty aren't going anywhere right now I don't think, and Chayka has pulled OEL off the table as apparently he is confident of a re-sign there.

So Anaheim comes calling for JVR, Lilly and draft choice for Manson...... do you do it
I would in a second

I was going to predict Richardson, **** you Montana.

They will make a contracts deal.

Leivo and Carrick will be attached to Martin for a better Carrick on the blue line

First of all here's my PREDICTION: I predict we pickup a depth 4C (like an upgrade version of Moore) and/or a depth D (like Polak II) and that's it.

What I WANT the Leafs to do is to add a 4D, either a McDonaugh or even Weber at a reasonable price.

I am warming up to Zeke's idea that we're 1 Weber away from contending for the cup, not just this year, but at least for the next 3-4 years.

Huge risk, but huge return.

Niklas Hjalmarsson & Brad Richardson from the Yotes.

Top 4 D who can plan on the right side, log 20+ mins a night, play significant PK time....and a fourth line center who is quality defensively, wins faceoffs, can log PK time, will be cheap.

As great as landing a OEL or stud would be....I think any moves we make will be pretty minor with a Hjalmarsson type acquisition being as big as we possibly go. Then unload both barrels to land Tavares in the summer.
I don't mind Hjalmarsson, but it all depends on the price.

He hasn't looked good at all in Phoenix, not just relative to the rest of the league but also relative to his teammates. I wonder how he's going to look with a change of scenery. But at the right price I'm willing to take that risk.

Lou seems comfy giving up second round picks. I predict he might give ours up. For something. I don't want to predict giving up Liljegren, cause I fear gm's out there want him. More than they did at the draft.

They're not trading Liljegren.

Because they're not going to try to land one of the top UFAs at the deadline.

Smaller moves, smaller cost.

Only major move i can see them doing is a guy like McDonough, but i see Tampa as in a better place to surrender what NYR needs.

Back