• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Deslauriers extended

TheCountofMonteCristo

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator
Staff member
Canadiens Montréal

Verified account

@CanadiensMTL
2m2 minutes ago
More
Les Canadiens s’entendent sur les modalités d’une prolongation de contrat de deux saisons à un volet avec l’attaquant Nicolas Deslauriers.

Canadiens agree to terms on a two-year, one-way contract extension with forward Nicolas Deslauriers.

#GoHabsGo

And he can fight....just in case. It's almost not needed anymore in today's game, but you never know.

I have no issue with the signing per se but Deslauriers (despite his Molson Cup win in December) isn't a difference-maker. Whether Bergevin signs him today, tomorrow or this summer or at all is immaterial. It is so NOT a priority right now. He did the same thing with Desharnais, rushing to give money and term to a guy that literally no other team in the NHL had any interest in acquiring.

I have no issue with the signing per se but Deslauriers (despite his Molson Cup win in December) isn't a difference-maker. Whether Bergevin signs him today, tomorrow or this summer or at all is immaterial. It is so NOT a priority right now. He did the same thing with Desharnais, rushing to give money and term to a guy that literally no other team in the NHL had any interest in acquiring.

Rushed to give money? Not really. 950k is a no risk deal.

Signing Deslaurier is not holding up the Max for McDavid trade. Not one bit.

It’s only a question of time before McDavid’s future wife demands a trade to California

Back