• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT FEB 20: Panthers @ Leafs

I know that in the past, I've referred to Andersen as an "average starting goalie".

Based on his track record at the time, though, that was true.

But if he can string together a couple seasons like this one, where he minimizes the lengthy, severe down-stretches he's had in the past (including last season), and he consistently posts a .920 SV% in 60+ starts, he will have definitely put himself into the conversation as one of the better starting goalies in the league.

Some success in the playoffs, of course, would also help his case.

I don't think I've said a bad word about the guy since he recovered from his awful first month and even said he deserves to be in the conversation for the Vezina. But somehow I've inferred that he's average or worse. Learn to read.

I thought Andersen had a major flaw in his game last year, he seemed to take way too long to get up off the floor. He looked a good 15lbs overweight.

He showed up this year, and looked much fitter. I attributed this good year to fitness improvement.

I was concerned many times last year, that he might turn out to be a bust.

But, thankfully, he seems to have turned into the rock of the team. If your goalie is your best player, or close to it, that's pretty darn good.

I loved Reimer, but to me, he seemed to be a bit of a choke.

Pretty exciting to see the year Freddy Andy is having. Wasn't it about after his "callout" that we started playing better?

heheh.

says the guy who tries to wring confessions out of everyone who pointed out he was bad when he was bad.

when he plays bad he plays bad. nothing wrong with admitting it.

1. He was playing very well when people were calling him out. Again this is well after his poor October.

2. There is nothing wrong with admitting you are wrong and have an unnecessary hate on for the guy.

Anyone who reads the gamethreads can see I compliment Freddy all the time. I would wager that you add up all my gamethread comments about freddy this year and there's many more positive than negative.

the idea of a "hate-on" is fake news.

Anyone who reads the gamethreads can see I compliment Freddy all the time. I would wager that you add up all my gamethread comments about freddy this year and there's many more positive than negative.

the idea of a "hate-on" is fake news.

I spend a lot of time on the GDT's and can say this is categorically not true.

But it's all good man.

I was just trying to bait zeke in to his standard devaluation of Freddy.

That said, an elite goaltender > elite winger.

It's like you live in an LoF world where you decide a player is good, they become infallible, you never speak ill of them again, and then tell everyone I told you so when they have a great game.

I definitely have my favorites, but I don’t think I make anyone infallible.

I just think things are often pretty black and white. If someone’s good, they’re good. I don’t need to waive Gardiner when he has a bad stretch, or dump on JVR when his speed is leaving him. I acknowledge these things, but I don’t change my overall opinions of players on an almost daily basis like I see some others do.

DWlRoboW4AEGN9Y.jpg:large

this is definitely the longest streak of his career without a sub-.910 10gm stretch, and maybe the longest of his career without a sub-.900 stretch (maybe beat only by the first stretch of his career when he was a strict backup).

Back