• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Jerabek traded to Capitals

Re: Jerabak traded to Capitals

Jerabak is a puck-moving d-man . . . just not a very good one. It's not worth being upset over.

I think he's decent... don't care that he was traded, but if they think Morrow, Schlemko, etc etc, are better and should actually be played over someone like him... well ****.

Ok I’m playing devils advocate cause I in no way like it usually agree with our management.

How do you know that they didn’t try to move Morrow and nobody wanted him? Same with the others?
Entirely possible, that said, look at how Jerabek was used compared to the trash we have inour other defensemen. Jerabek, as the puck moving defenseman was the odd man out, compared to whatever Schlemko is and he's consistently in the lineup. That seems more like Julien and co had no use for him and traded him away as a result
What if multiple of those are moved between now and the deadline.
If multiple are moved before the deadline, good, a housecleaning on defense is needed, and t's why I said to date in the post you qute.
I honestly don’t think Jerabek would be our key to a cup in 5-7 years. So why not, what’s to lose?
You're right, he's not that good. But if the habs traded him away because they felt he was the wrong fit for the team(considering his usage, I would bet that's the case) and keep the others because they fit juliens style of play more, then they are simply doubling down on this failed defense corp and that's troubling moving forward.

I think he's decent... don't care that he was traded, but if they think Morrow, Schlemko, etc etc, are better and should actually be played over someone like him... well ****.

They're all crap . . . except for Weber and Mete.

I can't believe anyone in management actually thought Schlemko who had been on six teams in three or so years, would be worth anything, yet here we are, stuck with him.

I can't believe anyone in management actually thought Schlemko who had been on six teams in three or so years, would be worth anything, yet here we are, stuck with him.

MB said our D would be better this season than last season. He probably expected more from Alzheimer's.

Jerabek should have been put in the #2 slot next to Weber from day one. He was the closest thing we had to a left-handed puck-moving defenceman and he had some pro experience unlike Mete who was fresh out of junior hockey. He clearly wasn't a Julien type of guy but if there's another defenceman on this team aside from Petry and a healthy Weber who has more offensive potential than Jerabek please enlighten me because I'm not seeing him.

Pierre LeBrun
[emoji818]
@PierreVLeBrun
Worth pointing out on Jerabek, don't rule out the possibility of the Habs circling back to him on July 1....
12:51 - 21 févr. 2018

I think it is more likely he asked to be traded to get away from Julien.

Some people want to pin all the blame on MB, but this team has Juliens influence all over it. He wanted to turn the habs into the bruising bruins that he had before, and puck moving defensemen don't factor into thatOne would think Helping the tank

I know that in my franchise mode(I'm using nashville), the habs have a elite art ross winner in galchenyuk, at center, danault is on the 4th line, pleks got traded away, and scherbak was getting 25-30 goals on the second line.

They also won the cup in 2020.

The issue is the that Bruins did not win the cup by being the bruising bruins they won because timmy thomas put up the greatest season a goalie has ever had in the NHL.

So as usual no one seen this coming. Maybe i was wrong... maybe he is going to trade everyone we least expected

I think it is more likely he asked to be traded to get away from Julien.

Eric Engels
[emoji818]
@EricEngels
At no point did Jakub Jerabek ask for a trade from @CanadiensMTL. He was certainly frustrated about not playing for eight straight games, but he wanted to remain with Montreal.
12:39 - 21 févr. 2018

MB said our D would be better this season than last season. He probably expected more from Alzheimer's.

based on what? his grand total of 13 pts last season on a high powered Cap team?

As the Florida kids are saying these days, I call BS

Alzner was supposed to replace Emelin. At least Emelin pounded some guys. We have no dman who will hit anything more than the skanks in the hotel bar.

Dumko Morrow and Jerabek were supposed to replace Markov and Beaulieu.

The issue is the that Bruins did not win the cup by being the bruising bruins they won because timmy thomas put up the greatest season a goalie has ever had in the NHL.

That and because in the finals the Bruins got to play against Luongo and the Cannots, the biggest chokers in sports since Andre Dawson and the 79-82 Expos.

Based on MB's poor talent evaluation skills?

Like Count said, Alzner was viewed as a replacement for big body, no skill Emelin

Schlemko was counted on to soften Markov's departure.

Twitter is abound with Bergevin apologists today mentioning Hudon, Gallagher etc.

Sure, the chances of us hitting paydirt again with a 5th is pretty slim

Back