• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT FEB 26 - Leafs @ Bolts

Marner is playing unbelievable hockey right now. Crazy stuff from him. He could easily have had 5-6 points tonight. Was the beast player on the ice tonight and it wasn’t close.

Marner had a great game. Nylander usually buries that last one. Plekanec looked old and slow tonight.

Going to take him a few games to get the stink off him

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Pleks is fine.

Wish they went back with marner - nylander. They were crazy together. Just toyed with the b’s.

Leafs didn’t play their best game but Tampa was pretty lucky to walk away wit the w. Rielly hit 3 posts, nylander hit the post on an empty net, and then there was that puck that beat vasilievskiy but somehow bounced away from the net.

Marner is on another planet right now. He looks determined to carry us until Papi is back.

And yeah, Tampa doesn't scare me.

The only potential bad thing about having Pleks is that Babs will be tempted to play the 4th line way more now....like he did last night.

well, yeah, that's a lot for a 4th line.

This game ES (with 8 PPs):

Pleks: 10:12
Komo: 10:28
Leivo: 8:56

Last game ES (with 5 PPs):

Moore: 8:27
Kapanen 9:44
Leivo: 8:00

I wasn't too disappointed in our play. I'll take 3 out of 4 points against the Bruins and Bolts and we came close to winning this one too.

I wouldn't take much issue with Pleks-Kapanen eating up some of Bozak-JVR minutes at even strength, in close games...specifically ones we lead in late.

I don't really get the complaint here. Wasn't the whole point of acquiring Plekanec was that it'd give us a "fourth line" that's capable of doing more and playing more than your typical fourth line?

Granted, our new 4th line didn't get off to a blazing start. But they'll get better as Plekanec gets more time to get used to his new team, and when Auston gets back and bumps Kapanen back down to that line in Leivo's place.

I don't really get the complaint here. Wasn't the whole point of acquiring Plekanec was that it'd give us a "fourth line" that's capable of doing more and playing more than your typical fourth line?

I want them playing better than our prior 4th line, but not more.

I want them playing better than our prior 4th line, but not more.
Ahh, I see. Well, I guess you'll be disappointed, then.

I don't think they acquired Plekanec to play 7-9 minutes a night at even strength. Particularly if Leo & Kapanen are on his line.

Polak is trash, and has no business on this team.

Willy really needs to be potting minimum 25 a year with his skill level, so I don’t know what is holding him back, but I do think he needs to be a winger who has someone who can get the puck to him (and Matty isn’t really that guy, though Tavares is). Or maybe he just needs to shoot more. Either way, those goal totals gotta go up.

Pleks brought the same stuff he was bringing in Montreal. He’s just a 4th liner. Let’s not treat the 4th line like a super 4th line just because he’s on it. He’s not that good.

Andy wasn’t really himself in this game. All the goals were kinda stinky. Even the SO winner - he left that whole side of the net open. Point didn’t have to even try.

Not a great game. But TB still doesn’t scare me. We can handle them.

Back