• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2017-18 Hockey League Discussion

Re: 2016-17 NHL Off-Season Thread

STILL NEED:
- Deckie (via Bull)
- Jonas

Can we get these entry fees cleared up please?

Still waiting for both of these payments. Really don't want this to drag out any longer, can we get this done, pretty please with a ****ing cherry on top?

Just a heads up, there are a few teams with players in the minors that have long passed the GP limit. Go to team > roster violation to see if you're in violation.

Sent from my a500 using Tapatalk

There are also guys that haven't set their lineups in weeks/months.

So Eichel just traded an unsigned college FA that I guess he picked up earlier. Really don't want to be that guy, but either we need to rescind that deal or may just maybe kill the stupid rule regarding players passed on the draft. Can't we just say once a player goes undrafted in his first year of eligibility he's available to be picked up as a FA? Really didn't want to even mention it, but let's just kill this stupid rule once and for all. It brings nothing but problems.

So Eichel just traded an unsigned college FA that I guess he picked up earlier. Really don't want to be that guy, but either we need to rescind that deal or may just maybe kill the stupid rule regarding players passed on the draft. Can't we just say once a player goes undrafted in his first year of eligibility he's available to be picked up as a FA? Really didn't want to even mention it, but let's just kill this stupid rule once and for all. It brings nothing but problems.

I agree. I honestly never understood the reason for the rule. Is there a single benefit?

Once they're draft eligible and get drafted or go undrafted they should be free game. If someone is scouring the backwoods for players and they find a gem... good on them for being ahead of the curve.

I agree. I honestly never understood the reason for the rule. Is there a single benefit?

Once they're draft eligible and get drafted or go undrafted they should be free game. If someone is scouring the backwoods for players and they find a gem... good on them for being ahead of the curve.

yeah it only really benefits managers who don't pay attention year round, and I'm not sure why that is rewarded really. I mean most of these players probably won't make a large impact, but they are still assets that should be allowed to be picked up.

I'm fine with this. Creates a lot of problems, and really isn't necessary.

Well... lets do it then. We have like 4 people including the commish. If nobody objects, it seems like a no brainer.

Shouldn't we wait for the off-season to make this change... or at least move it into this year's thread?

Not a fan of making a change mid season because someone messed up... if we want to do this then do it after the entry draft this year

Back