• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2017-18 Hockey League Discussion

Also, Tully has two players that are in college - not drafted - SCOTT PERUNOVICH and JACK AHCAN that'll have to be dropped. This bothers me, because he's obviously done prospect research to find these guys, but can't roster them because reasons. Sorry dude. I feel like this rule has never been well explained nor posted for newcomers to easily find and understand.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, fellas. I hadn't even noticed that good ole Deckie laid out exactly who I needed to drop. I was scrambling to make the deal valid and missed it.

Ahcan was previously removed and Perunovich just got the boot. Everything should be compliant on my end now.

While I'm at it, I think I'm also going to say goodbye to this league.

Completely lost interest... had the opportunity to make blockbuster trades on more than one occasion and just couldn't be bothered.

At least I feel like I'm leaving a semi-interesting team to whoever takes it over.

Just to get ahead of this thing, seeing how we're losing both Mindz and HN, we should implement the same draft we did in the baseball league. Not a fan of gifting someone a champion caliber team.

Yep.

We should maybe get in touch with some of the other relatively inactive managers and see what their intentions are as well.

Congrats to Tully on the victory. At some point this week I'll try to find some time to go and add through the 1PPG top-ups. (It's a shitty job but somebody's gotta do it). I think we agreed there's no limit this time on how far up or down a team can go. I'll also get the payments sent out as well.

There are still 2 outstanding payments due for last season. Jonas and Bull (paying Deckie's entry fee). Please do this ASAP.

At some point soon we'll get the ball rolling on next season, and try to figure out the whole "replacement manager" situation. If you know someone who might be interested, let us know. Anyone know how many new managers we'll need, is it 3 as mentioned above?

My apologies, I've been extremely busy lately and doing top-ups totally sucks, but I'll try to get to it within the next couple of days and finalize the standings. Still waiting on the entry fees from Jonas and Bull.

We should probably also get the ball rolling on the "replacement manager" issue, and how we plan to handle it. Anybody want to volunteer to take the lead on this?

The season is over and still chasing people for money?

May I suggest that moving forward we require entry fees prior to drafting? If people don't want to pony up, they should be replaced prior to the draft imo.

If we can replace managers that would be great but if we can't find active people let's just hold an dispersal draft and move forward with a smaller group of managers.

Once again, congrats to Tully on a well-earned victory.

Apologies again for the delay, been working full-time and also working like crazy on a 2nd project, so time's been limited. Plus I hate math and was dragging my heels on having to do the top-ups, but everything is now done (correctly, I hope).

Overall, the top-ups weren't too bad this year, but Mindz in 3rd place needed a small top-up that would actually move him up from #3 to #2. Obviously the main reason for having top-ups is to discourage tanking. I am pretty sure we discussed this previously, but I can't remember the end result. Did we decide top-ups only apply to lottery teams, or the bottom half of the league?

Also, teams that finished in 1st and 3rd required a small top-up, which makes me wonder if we should slightly reduce the minimum GP. It's currently 72GP per roster slot, should we make it 70GP instead?

FINAL STANDINGS

1. Tully 1531.6 (required 2 top-up points at F)
2. Green Hornets 1505.5
3. MindzEye 1509.2 (required 8 top-up pts at C, plus 4 pts at F -- so did he finish 2nd or 3rd?)
4. TJF 1442.5
5. Habspatrol 1370.3

6. Volcano 1346
7. Matrim 1320.7
8. Hairnova 1291.1
9. Deckie 1259.7
10. Axlsalinger 1251.6 (required 5 top-up pts at F)
11. TimHorton 1237 (required 20 top-up pts at W)
12. Kritter 1223.4 (required 85 top-up pts - C18, W5, F40) MOVED UP 3 SLOTS
13. Bull 1200.2 (required 3 top-up pts at G)
14. Artnes 1188.9 (required 138 top-up pts - C1, W137) MOVED UP 2 SLOTS
15. Leafman101 1185.6 (required 25 top up pts - W5, F20)
16. BG 1175.8
17. Jonas 1143.7 (required 131 top-up pts - F15, D116)
18. Blueman 1058.2 (required 85 top-up pts - W34, D44, G7) MOVED UP 1 SLOT
19. Fergy 1022.3 (required 27 top-up pts - F2, D25)

Lottery and replacement manager draft upcoming.

Back