• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

So, what do we know about available GMs?

Is Don Maloney available? Worth a shot working with a reported checkbook (vs. Coyotes)?

Maloney is in fact available and would be my first phone call if I was Dundon. He's only 59, did a credible to exceptional job under trying circumstances in Phoenix and is a proven player personnel guy. He's a scout with Calgary after Gretzky ash-caned him in Phoenix. And heck ... the guy is a former Whaler and you know how our new owner has all those warm fuzzies about franchise history all of a sudden. If Maloney doesn't want to go back to the rough and tumble world of GM-ing, I'd absolutely be in favor of seeing if he wants to be our President ... with job one being finding a decent GM, who can then find a decent coach.

Last edited:
If we're going the former Whaler route, add Dave Tippett and perhaps-soon-to-be-available Joel Quenneville.

Dundon would have watched Dave Tippett work during his Dallas Stars fandom years, so might have opinions (good or bad) from that experience.

If we're going the former Whaler route, add Dave Tippett and perhaps-soon-to-be-available Joel Quenneville.

Dundon would have watched Dave Tippett work during his Dallas Stars fandom years, so might have opinions (good or bad) from that experience.

Nothing wrong with those guys, but for clarity ... I'm totally being sarcastic about Whaler connections meaning anything. They shouldn't.

Back