• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Flyers, 7pm, Mar. 1st

I liked tonights lines better then the ones we've iced most of the season. Lindy does ok at center and allows TT and Aho to score. Missing Staal on the other hand hurt like $#%$

And Columbus loses to the Kings 5-2. Panthers win again. We are now 2 points behind Columbus.

Yeah the Canes are in a bad spot still, but again right now there is no one between us and Columbus for that final wildcard spot, although Florida seems poised to be in the mix with the 3 games in hand and only 1 point behind us.

Ya, points/game has the Cats already past both us and the 'Bus... of course, ya gotta win a couple of those games in hand.

[video]https://twitter.com/NHLCanes/status/969243407502790658[/video]

Always bet on the birthday boy.

0-0-0 with one wide-open shot to dead-center goalie mass in 11:30 (second lowest) of TOI.

Couldn't even be bothered for his birthday.

Does Rask even have a pulse any more?

Glad Wild Bill has Rask figured out. Next step the waiver wire. Then the TD buyout.

He's probably got some trade value, especially as a component part (replacement center).

His numbers and metrics don't look that bad, despite being off-pace this season (which could be rationalized away).

And some aspects of his game are solid, hence the 0 +/-. 55.2% face-off wins are going to attract a lot of attention, as well.

But not a good fit for what this team is trying to accomplish.

Yeah ... best line balance we've seen since Carolina's hot streak back in December, maybe better in fact. Why in the living heck it's taken this long for Peters to balance things out like this, I have no clue. Plus, I don't think you can discount the emotional bounce the boys got when Staal came back to the lineup. It didn't help that Philly wasn't exactly on their game either. They never really got anything going aside from Geroux's line and Mrazek was pedestrian in net.

Still ... games like this puzzle me. The line changes (where the heck has that been?), the extra jump (ditto) ... why does this only surface after every single thing was such a struggle for the last two weeks?

Back