• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #64 Canadiens vs Brooklyn and the marvelous Mathew Barzal 7:00pm ET March 2

TheCountofMonteCristo

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator
Staff member
According to some scribes, you cannot draft stars down in the draft but Barzal is an obvious exception.

Anyway, we travel to Brooklyn tomorrow in the return match against the Islanders.

I remember the games in the 70s and 80s when we played them, they were huge games. Now they are meaningless.

To think, no four Islander Cups if we hadn't decided Bossy couldn't play defence and was a chicken shit who wouldn't go into the corners. We took Napier instead as he had more "character".

Sigh.

Pacioretty - Drouin - Lehkonen
Galchenyuk - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - de la Rose - Scherbak
Carr - Froese - A.Shaw
Deslauriers - Hudon - L.Shaw

Five lines at the morning skate so don't know who's in or out.

Also looks like Schlemko will be replacing Benn tonight.

is that a legit thing re bossy or revisionist history?

No. Definitely NOT revisionist history.

Claude Ruel begged his bosses to draft Bossy but the knock on him was that he couldn't check his own hat (i.e. too "soff" and not enough "ka-RACK-ter") so they took Napier instead, who had a few games under his belt in the WHA. Imagine how many more Cups we'd have won with Lafleur, Bossy and Savard had we taken him in 1980 rather than Doug Wickenheiser.

We need Petry to be out for 6 weeks. He's been playing too well.

That contract is looking very good...and add Weber next year to shoulder the workload, Petry's a definite keeper.

But yes I agree from a Dahlin point of view, he's not helping.....he probably didn't get the memo that Max, Weber, Drouin, Price got about tanking....

That contract is looking very good...and add Weber next year to shoulder the workload, Petry's a definite keeper.

But yes I agree from a Dahlin point of view, he's not helping.....he probably didn't get the memo that Max, Weber, Drouin, Price got about tanking....

You left out Julien. Schlemko in the shootout early on? Pure tanking there.

Petry will be traded this summer

Right now, Petry is exactly the type of #3 dmen you need in the NHL (skates well, knows when to pinch-in, decent in his own zone)

Trading him would be utterly stupid.....

I've been a fan of Petry from the start....when the majority were bitching about him and wanted him traded last year

Back