• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Devils 3/2 7:30

Tony Romo in the house tonight per Chip, so that solves the mystery as to why Cam is playing. Dundon trying to avoid embarrassment with his buds here.

True but as usual we give up goals at bad times... (Like right at the start or end of periods.) Honestly though I prefer to blame DR for the penalty.

Fun time, good performance from the team. I thought we were losing it during part of the 3rd, but we came back strong. TT has a great shot, I just wish he'd use it more. It wasn't a complete team effort - there were a couple of passengers tonight. But a win's a win.

Jackets losing to Ducks 3-1 after 2 periods. Florida wins again, Isles lose again.

My first concern is the Canes of course as we know how this story goes, but the Panthers appear to be the most dangerous team fighting for the final WC spot at the moment.

OK ... nice result, but let's not go overboard, as it was hardly anybody's best effort out there. NJ was really, really pedestrian in the offensive zone and Carolina didn't exactly create a ton of chances either.

Big picture ... at least they're hanging around. Columbus is stubbornly refusing to surge, the Isles are stubbornly refusing to win (or play even rudimentary defense) and the Rangers and Wings threw in the towel at the deadline. That leaves Florida and they're doing their thing pretty hard at 8-2-0 in their last 10. Looks like a three team race between the Panthers, Canes and Jackets with only the Kitties surging over the past couple of weeks. Again, let's see where things stand by the third week in March.

Long shot for the Canes but its not uncommon for someone to swoon as well over the final month. The Devils and Flyers are not sure bets.

The Canes just need to worry about their own business and win a heck of a lot

Long shot for the Canes but its not uncommon for someone to swoon as well over the final month. The Devils and Flyers are not sure bets.

The Canes just need to worry about their own business and win a heck of a lot

Taking care of business is indeed job one. Run down Jersey for WC1 and it doesn't matter who is in your rear view mirror. But there are a lot of games to win in order to do that without Jersey also stumbling...which could also happen.

As for Florida, yes they have three more swings at points than anyone else...but they also have to play them. And they are going to be uber-busy in March because of those games in hand with 17 games that month and closing with a bang with 5 games in 7 days. They could stumble. They could break.

But, head down, take care of business, doesn't matter.

Again ... wake me up when we get to middle/late March. There's too much hockey to play between now and then and too many not that great teams in the frame for those wildcard spots. Honestly, though ... Carolina and Florida are only in this chase because several teams have already faltered. Counting on everybody else sucking isn't the bestest of game plans, typically. They will need to win their way into it at some point.

Back