• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Devils 3/2 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Second night of a back to back and chance to tie for the last wildcard spot.

No skate today, probably same lines as last night but Darling in net. Kinkaid goes for the Devils. Taylor Hall has a 23 game point streak. It's probably too much to ask to stop that tonight, right?

Last edited:
Sure loss. I apologize. I scored nice free tix. First game in 2 seasons I think. Darling in net. Sure ugly loss.

BK, this is the Canes we're talking about. They've sure earned the nickname the March Zombies. Just when you think they're done, they come back to life only to die again a little later. And look who got a clue about the lines!!! Just so frustrating. They're like a train wreck. You just can't turn away.

I only watched last night because the GF is from Philly and likes both teams. Had just told someine the other day the Canes would have to pay me to attend. So, free seats and dinner is enough I guess.

And just like the Walking Dead, Peters (AKA Rick from the show) has the uncanny ability to lead his followers in the worst situations possible! Hopefully Taylor Hall isn't playing "Negan" tonight. Apologies to those that don't watch the show.
BK, this is the Canes we're talking about. They've sure earned the nickname the March Zombies. Just when you think they're done, they come back to life only to die again a little later. And look who got a clue about the lines!!! Just so frustrating. They're like a train wreck. You just can't turn away.

I don't really expect the Canes to make the playoffs. That hill is still high. But I do expect them to do just enough to draft right outside this years cream if the crop draftees.

Debating if I should break out the old 2000 gamer Ranheim jersey. That one used to always get comments. Haven't pulled it out in ages.

Second night of a back to back and chance to tie for the last wildcard spot.

No skate today, probably same lines as last night but Darling in net. Kinkaid goes for the Devils. Taylor Hall has a 23 game point streak. It's probably too much to ask to stop that tonight, right?

Here's all I ask from this one. Make Kincaid look like the garbage goaltender he is instead of the Vezina candidate we made him look like last time we saw him. He's a stiff. Make him work. Win, lose, whatever ... just don't try to bore a hole through the guy's chest protector again.

Debating if I should break out the old 2000 gamer Ranheim jersey. That one used to always get comments. Haven't pulled it out in ages.

Hammer time, my brother. Hammer time.

And just like the Walking Dead, Peters (AKA Rick from the show) has the uncanny ability to lead his followers in the worst situations possible! Hopefully Taylor Hall isn't playing "Negan" tonight. Apologies to those that don't watch the show.

I am hoping Peters is more Karl than Rick and will soon be written off!

So remember way back when Peters was foolishly pulling the goalie early and then a 2nd time and the EN goals were piling up? Remember when Peters would simply allow Darling to get shelled without any thought to pulling him?

IF the Canes win tonight (in regulation or OT) and the Jacket lose tonight @Anaheim in regulation:

1) Canes and Jackets will be tied in points

2) Canes and Jackets will be tied in ROW

3) Canes and Jackets went 2-0-2 against each other head to head this year.

Now the above is where I'm not 100% what happens. The Canes had 2 ROW vs. Columbus. Columbus had 1 of their wins as a shootout win. I would THINK that would give the Canes that head to head tiebreaker. If it somehow manages to come down to that, hopefully that is true because the next tiebreaker is GF/GA differential, and the Canes are WAY behind on that one thanks to our dumbass coach.

Not that the Canes have any shot at the playoffs....just sayin....

Meh ... I'm going to put any thought of the playoffs on pause ... again ... until at least the middle of March. There's a LOT shakin' on the Canes schedule between now and then and if they're still in the hunt once they get to the Edmonton game on the 20th, then they will bloody well have earned their shot. Until then I don't understand worrying about anything other than whether or not they're still maintaining contact with the last playoff spot. There's a ton of hockey between now and then.

So either Darling is sick, dinged, or we just officially after 64 games finally elected to pull the plug on him as long as we are in the playoff race (which we clearly are still)?

Let the speculation begin, did we really just turn up the 'give a crap' meter?

Let the speculation begin, did we really just turn up the 'give a crap' meter?

Depending on who we is. "We" did that at the trade deadline. Didn't you notice?

This is a "we love our team" "playing for their jobs" "sink or swim" Canes moment, and we as fans are frozen in a time capsule.

I have no problem with best foot forward while in the chase. Ward is only at 33 games since we basically parked him at the beginning of the season.

But with all the parity at what point do long term (GM) strategic decisions take precedence over short term decisions (coach)? Unless they completely go off rail we may be "in it" until the end. Florida's 3 games in hand all go off during the last week or so at the end of the season. So they get last shot at everyone.

Basically have to play the tough teams even and run the table on the weak plus win the head-to-heads with those around us as 5+ teams scramble for maybe two slots.

Tough row to hoe. But it begins tonight against a team that played and lost last night while you won.

Step on them.

I haven't watched the last two away games (although I did watch the highlights from last night's unexpected victory), but I'll be there tonight at the PNC. I pray the Canes will give their hometown fans something to be proud about. The last few games have been miserable.

Back